Technical Problem with clutch is it worth fixing my multipla?

Currently reading:
Technical Problem with clutch is it worth fixing my multipla?

Teddybear154

Hi Guys,

I have posted before about another Multipla I had. I have not had much luck with fiat multipla's . I had two and both went wrong within months of getting them. I decided to try once more as I really do like fiat multipla's they are perfect lay out for my family and not bad to drive when working.

A few weeks ago I bought a fiat multipla. Its a 51 PLATE FIAT MULTIPLA 110 SX JTD 6 SEAT MPV 1.9 DIESE. With in ten minutes of getting the car we realised it had serious problems. My husband tried to drive the car but you could not change gears. When the engine is off you can change gears fine and its very smooth, and for the first few minutes once engine is switched on you can change gears but then you can't change gears at all. As soon as you switch engine off you can change gears again.

We have complained to dealership where we bought car and they don't care they won't fix car or give us are money back. We have since found out that the car was a category D insurance write off. You can't see where there's been a accident and don't know what the accident was as was not made aware of it when bought car.

What do you think the problem is does it sound like a problem with clutch or gear box or some thing else. Do you think it's worth paying out to have the car fixed. How much do you think it will cost to fix. I've been told if it is gear box or clutch its a expensive job, as engine has to be removed. So I'm guessing £1000 + .
We paid £700 for the car.

The car needs two new back tyres as well. As they both have punctures.

We desperately need a car, to take our children to weekly hospital appointments but cant afford to buy another one. We put all are spare money in too this one. We are spending a minimum of £100 per week on public transport to get to appointments at the moment.

Do you think we should fixed the car, do you think it would be safe to drive once fixed. Or should we cut are losses and try and sell the car for spares or repair. Do you think it would sell and if so how much do you think we would get for it spares or repair.

We have thought about taking dealership to court, but not sure if its worth the hassle

We are so confused and don't know what to do?

Any advice much appreciated

Thanks in advance

If you only bought the car a few weeks ago, then you should take it up with the dealer. Don't get the faults fixed by any other party. I know it may make things more awkward for you, e.g. Being without a car but it will be worth it in the long run. I'm afraid I don't know the detail of the processes you need to go through but I know if you are sold something that ain't fit for purpose, you have a right to have the situation resolved ultimately by the seller. Good luck!

Back