private number plate?

Currently reading:
private number plate?

I want J666WDS stands for Jamie Woods

The 666 stands for my devilish side!

Only £250 for the plate only, not bad!

Beau, are you wanting to get a private plate because it's the only thing that you will be able to keep hold of? Seeing as you only seem to able to hold onto a car as long as Bushboy can?!!!! :p

Remember, every time you change cars you'll also get hit with a reg transfer fee...

As for private plates, pah, waste of money! Why give the government even more money they don't deserve? Besides, 95% of 'private plates' are so obscure that only the owners know of any significance of the letters/ number combination. Most other people couldn't tell there was anything different compared with a standard plate.

If you really want to have your name on the back of your car, go to a vinyl cutting shop and have them make up what you want to say, then stick in on the back of the boot lid. Damn site cheaper than a private plate and more intelligible :D

Last edited:
1986Uno45S said:
Beau, are you wanting to get a private plate because it's the only think that you will be able to keep hold of? Seeing as you only seem to able to hold onto a car as long as Bushboy can?!!!! :p

Remember, every time you change cars you'll also get hit with a reg transfer fee...

As for private plates, pah, waste of money! Why give the government even more money they don't deserve? Besides, 95% of 'private plates' are so obscure that only the owners know of any significance of the letters/ number combination. Most other people couldn't tell there was anything different compared with a standard plate.

If you really want to have your name on the back of your car, go to a vinyl cutting shop and have them make up what you want to say, then stick in on the back of the boot lid. Damn site cheaper than a private plate and more intelligible :D

boooooooooooooooo bah humbug!! :devil:
il get ya one for your xmas

I dont care what people say but ive always wanted a private numberplate, think its as my dad always said he wanted one, which he never bought and is now sold..
Mines C14GYS (Cragys) but as its a C Reg it cost £399! luckily my family and friends got it for me lol.
My next door neighbours numberplate is C416 xxx and i only noticed yesterday it could be easily made into Cr41G xxx with a bit of manipulation :p

Craig

The Beast said:
I think you would have to be an idiot not to get the idea behind 666 and as for stw for stewart I couldnt care less what other people know. It's my reg nobody elses.:)

To be honest, I don't even look at other cars number plates unless it is a classic car. Then I look to see what the registration letter is just to confirm the year of the registration.

A number of vehicles have 666 in their number plate, some have 999, 911 and 123 too! But at the end of the day if people want to pay out money to have a number plate that looks like 'txt spk' then, well, it's their money! :D

And guess what, I have a private plate on my Uno. It must be private because it is totally unique and no-one else has that combination of letters. I know it came with the car from new, but everyone must be impressed! :rolleyes: :p

EDIT: To see how ridiculous private plates have become, take a look at this Ebay auction. The seller has one hell of an imagination with the registration plate on the Uno he is selling! 'Cherished Reg' my arse :roll eyes:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/38-000m-1987-...oryZ9843QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
1986Uno45S said:
To be honest, I don't even look at other cars number plates unless it is a classic car. Then I look to see what the registration letter is just to confirm the year of the registration.
A private reg is for the owner of the car, not those who may or may not notice it.

1986uno45s said:
A number of vehicles have 666 in their number plate, some have 999, 911 and 123 too! But at the end of the day if people want to pay out money to have a number plate that looks like 'txt spk' then, well, it's their money! :D
Maybe you will like my dads private reg I know it's txt spk but K55 MYX
Its not too obscure to figure out is it?:D

1986uno45s said:
And guess what, I have a private plate on my Uno. It must be private because it is totally unique and no-one else has that combination of letters. I know it came with the car from new, but everyone must be impressed! :rolleyes: :p
Damm didn't realise I got rid of one private reg just to get another.:D

The Beast said:
A private reg is for the owner of the car, not those who may or may not notice it.

You mean some people pay out tens of thousands of pounds for a private plate but NOT because they want others to see it :confused: ;)

The Beast said:
Maybe you will like my dads private reg I know it's txt spk but K55 MYX
Its not too obscure to figure out is it?:D

'Kiss My Yellow Xylophone' ?!!!

The Beast said:
Damm didn't realise I got rid of one private reg just to get another.:D

Yes, and poor CinqyAbarth had to pay out £399 for a 'C' reg number plate.

CinqyAbarth said:
Mines C14GYS (Cragys) but as its a C Reg it cost £399! luckily my family and friends got it for me lol.

My 'C' reg numberplate came free with my £46 Uno :D

1986Uno45S said:
You mean some people pay out tens of thousands of pounds for a private plate but NOT because they want others to see it :confused:
Couldn't say for everyone. People with private regs are not an easy group to stereotype as they could be anybody. Although out of the four people I know with them two were bought because the owner of the car liked them and the other two were presents.

I really don't see what the problem is with having a private reg. Yes they put money into the goverment but so does just having a car.
Some people might get them to show off. But thats there problem nobody elses.
I got mine and (I'm sure alot of people with one reading this will agree) because I liked it and wanted one.

FuzzyPanda said:
If prefixed with a letter it can't be a newer letter than your current plate, but can be older. They start around £250 and go up to as much as you like. Check the DVLA plates site and you can make your own and it gives you a price I think.
a freind of mine had a 1990 range rover with a k plate(92-93),i thought it was dodgey but he taxed and mot'd it and put a private plate on it as well,so not sure how that worked:confused:

Liam said:
My cinq came with an irish reg, it got me a nickname back in my cruise days so I decided to keep it os it will adorn my next car.

Liam

It's actually a British plate Liam. It's from Northern Ireland, part of the UK. (y)

It makes me laugh when I see you lot paying out good money for perfectly ordinary NI plates. I've sold a couple through a reg transfer company, BAZ ****and CAZ ****. :p

Back