pressure washer

Currently reading:
pressure washer

Personally i would buy the one above that which is little bit more about 80 quid, but rem if using on the car just the around the lower parts of the car.

also if as it is a karcher get as many accessories as poss with the machine as buying them seperately is a complete rip off for example a T Racer for patio slabs is 65 quid seperate, but a whole machine with it in is only 80.

Last edited:
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produ.../2|cat_10198728|Pressure+washers|10198990.htm

is that anygood for the money or could i get a better one for that money or cheaper? and i wont to get it today so from shops only
what do you want from a pressure washer? a few questions you ask yourself...how powerful do want it,how long do you want the lance,what attachments do you need etc...at the end of the day you get what you pay for... i bought one lately a makitta off eBay brand spanking new £100 delivered, knocked down from £300:eek: it was a return, nothing wrong with it , only thing missing was a hose connection[which i had:D]
i did some research on the web & all the cheapo washers stopped working after just a few outings:eek: its worth going onto these sites & reading up on mostly anything apart from washers, i was quite surprised on the wealth of information out there:cool:

what do you want from a pressure washer? a few questions you ask yourself...how powerful do want it,how long do you want the lance,what attachments do you need etc...at the end of the day you get what you pay for... i bought one lately a makitta off eBay brand spanking new £100 delivered, knocked down from £300:eek: it was a return, nothing wrong with it , only thing missing was a hose connection[which i had:D]
i did some research on the web & all the cheapo washers stopped working after just a few outings:eek: its worth going onto these sites & reading up on mostly anything apart from washers, i was quite surprised on the wealth of information out there:cool:

:yeahthat:

My old man worked at a Tool shop 8-10 years ago he got a Draper Unit on sale or return it lasted about 2 hours when it blew the pump seal on the motor and the replacement did the same ,

He then got a Stihl PW and its still going strong 8 or so years later its had a new hose (as that burst due to constant chafing on the scaffold end hoops) and a new lance as that got destroyed by chemicals (we used it to paint strip the entire house) along with the cars and drive way which is Circa 50 mtrs long by 2 mtrs wide plus the patio and it refuses to Die he got the neighbour one about the same time and his is still going strong too

at £240ish its well over budget but if you think you'd proably get through several inferior machines over that time its worth it in the long run....

Ignore the pressure its the amount of water a minute that is more important and the length of the hose as if its only 3 meters you wont get right round the car (y)

Also watch Argos they often have Units made to a cost by the leading manufactures so spares are hard to source

Last edited:
This is what i have, well this is the new facelifted model but it's the same specs. I've had it around 5 years and only had one problem with it, which was my own. Left it in the garage when it was icy and a little water which was left in it iced over and blocked it up for a few days till it melted.

I didn't pay that much for it though as a friend runs a business, so could get it me cheap. It's well worth the money though.

Amazon.co.uk: KÄRCHER K7.85M Pressure Washer with a 2800W Motor and 160 Bar Pressure: DIY & Tools

But do be careful with pressure washers as others have said, they can strip layers of wax built up on the car and actually cause more scratches if you arn't careful. Always spray at a 45 degree angle to the car so the dirt deflects.

Also, i would not recommend using the brush attachment you get with it, the bristles are rough as fcuk.

Last edited:
if i buy snow foam do i just put it in the detergent bottle?

you can but you wont get the same effect the proper snow foam lance forces air to mix with the solution however as a pre wash it will still work just not with the mr whippy consistency so you wont get the same dwel time so i't'll be less effective, as thats the case just get some Pressure washer shampoo and play with the dilution ratio..
(see below)

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=71201

a proper foam lance will cost you as much as you paid for the PW.. (however they are really good and fun :devil: )

you can but you wont get the same effect the proper snow foam lance forces air to mix with the solution however as a pre wash it will still work just not with the mr whippy consistency so you wont get the same dwel time so i't'll be less effective, as thats the case just get some Pressure washer shampoo and play with the dilution ratio..
(see below)

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=71201

a proper foam lance will cost you as much as you paid for the PW.. (however they are really good and fun :devil: )

Agree the snow foam lances aren't cheap but there is a group buy on them here for FF members :-
https://www.fiatforum.com/group-buys/162373-foam-lance-group-buy.html

A good deal I thought and excellent service, mine came next day.

Back