Technical Prelong the life of the blend flap climate control

Currently reading:
Technical Prelong the life of the blend flap climate control

koalar

Distinguished member
Because is either expensive

Or a faf to repair

So much so it's often the reason a car is sold.

It's better to preserve the life of the blend flap as much as possible

This only effects cars with climate control

Fiat have seen enough of these fail across their model range that they have now changed the design at around 2012 so too late for us on here, I don't know if a post 2012 from a 500 would fit

The problem is when the blend flap is told to be fully open or closed, it occationly goes too far and snaps off the spindle

Try to avoid the syrem from demanding full heat or cold as much as possible.

The most common symptom is only blowing cold, however don't assume it's the climate control. Put your hand on the hose that goes to the heater matrix. If that's cold, don't drive the car until its been fixed, likely to be low on coolant.

Mine had a leaking core plug in the water pump. Not something you see everyday, but it was losing coolant. The steel pipe that runs between engine and exhaust catalyst is a more common troublemaker. Check for rust and replace if you see any signs of coolant. Check the vent hose, which runs along top of inlet manifold to expansion bottle, is not pulling on the hose barb. Constant tension will crack the bottle casing a sudden leak.

Because is either expensive

Or a faf to repair

So much so it's often the reason a car is sold.

It's better to preserve the life of the blend flap as much as possible

This only effects cars with climate control

Fiat have seen enough of these fail across their model range that they have now changed the design at around 2012 so too late for us on here, I don't know if a post 2012 from a 500 would fit

The problem is when the blend flap is told to be fully open or closed, it occationly goes too far and snaps off the spindle

Try to avoid the syrem from demanding full heat or cold as much as possible.

The most common symptom is only blowing cold, however don't assume it's the climate control. Put your hand on the hose that goes to the heater matrix. If that's cold, don't drive the car until its been fixed, likely to be low on coolant.

Now the winter temperatures are back on the horizon

My Puntos climate is back to being on 18..or 20 degrees constantly 😉

Running the Aircon does drop the cabin temperature

So I don't need to keep swapping the heat settings 😎

Back