Votes: 14 53.8%
  • Yes, passed but with advisory items

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Yes, but only after having additional work done

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • No, I took it away to get fixed elsewhere

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters
2009 1.2 Lounge, 42k miles. Pass, no advisories. Only ever had to have anything done on the first MOT, front struts (advisory) done under warranty and broken brake line mount on the rear axle mount.

Five years old and still no urge to replace it.

Spike

Forgot this thread, had mine done today, 2009 1.2 lounge with 66k miles passed with no advisories :)

That's what you get for not taking it to one of the multitude of places offering cut-price loss leader MOT's & then searching for slightly worn components to give them an excuse to fail a roadworthy car. (y)

Yeah, the girl I liftshare with did her mot through a Groupon deal and got appropriately boned for loads of bits she probably didn't need.

had mine a couple of weeks ago; two tyres were borderline (which I knew about) - got them replaced on special offer, deteriorating exhaust box was an advisory for the third year in a row!
1.2 Pop, 2008, 62000 miles.

MOT passed the first time with no advisories. (In Greece it is first time after 4 years, than every 2 years)

2010 Fiat 500 1.4 Dualogic with 92,000 km's on the clock.

MOT passed the first time with no advisories. (In Greece it is first time after 4 years, than every 2 years)

2010 Fiat 500 1.4 Dualogic with 92,000 km's on the clock.

From my experiences in Greece, every 2 weeks might be more appropriate!:D

Last edited:
Well, that must have come as a surprise. I remember a previous comment of yours in this thread. :)

haha no actually I went to an MOT only center that never saw me before. My car is in good condition, full of oil and coolant and a new clutch and dualogic actuator = ) and newish front discs + front/rear pads and new suspension Billie B14's! If anything, my car is in better condition than stock!

The other weekend I was climbing 500 or so vertical meters from sea level in a sustained push and I must have been above 5,000 rpm for about 20 minutes sustatined as I was climbing the whole time! Now that was fun.

Last edited:
The other weekend I was climbing 500 or so vertical meters from sea level in a sustained push and I must have been above 5,000 rpm for about 20 minutes sustatined as I was climbing the whole time! Now that was fun.

Anyone who has any doubts about the inherent strength of the 1.4 16V engine should read your posts (y).

Anyone who has any doubts about the inherent strength of the 1.4 16V engine should read your posts (y).
well you know how engines are built, for tolerance. that's why it 'only' has 100 hp and revs up to 7,250. = ) In my opinion, the engine is the strongest part of the car!

well you know how engines are built, for tolerance. that's why it 'only' has 100 hp and revs up to 7,250. = ) In my opinion, the engine is the strongest part of the car!

Ok, so thinking about the 1.2 8V FIRE in my Panda, which has a whole 60hp, never gets revved above 2500, and gets an oil & filter change every 8000 miles, how long do you think that's going to last?

At 53k, I'd describe it's condition as 'just nicely run in' :).

Last edited:
Ok, so thinking about the 1.2 8V FIRE in my Panda, which has a whole 60hp, never gets revved above 2500, and gets an oil & filter change every 8000 miles, how long do you think that's going to last?
forever really. you know how it is jrkitching, a car becomes unusable mainly due to things like dodgy electronics that die over time no matter how much or little you use the car rather than the engine giving up. so that's why I am not worried about driving my car to the limits as I know it will not last forever, no matter how hard/soft I drive it.

by the way I change my oil, filter, and sparkplugs around every 10 k miles now because the spark plugs are rubbish by then and I don't enjoy driving it like that so I get it all done together = ) I get my 5w40 C3 oil for 6 GBP a liter equivalent so it really doesn't cost too much.

Last edited:
Oh and here is my MOT pass results for the exhaust emissions. I have no idea what any of this mumbo jumbo is so if any technical ppl are around and interested, feel free to interpret this for me!

Attachments

• Fiat 500 MOT 11.08.2014.pdf
    812.9 KB · Views: 28
by the way I change my oil, filter, and sparkplugs around every 10 k miles now because the spark plugs are rubbish by then and I don't enjoy driving it like that so I get it all done together = ) I get my 5w40 C3 oil for 6 GBP a liter equivalent so it really doesn't cost too much.

I'd suggest you fit decent ones instead, but then you might not bother getting the oil changed every 10k, which would be a bad thing.

Passed today. No advisories.
1.2 Lounge. Six years old at the end of the month, 52k miles. Spent nothing on it in the last 12 months apart from routine service inc cambelt and waterpump last August.

Spike

500 Street, 2012 Twinair

Had my first one in March - front wipers needed changing to pass. Advisories were front and back brakes borderline pass, took to Fiat who stripped the brakes and cleaned.

Back