Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Yes, but only after having additional work done

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • No, I took it away to get fixed elsewhere

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters
Hi

I'm new on here.

Just taken my Bubble for her first MOT pretty confident.

Only done 12,000 miles.

Failed on a ball joint which was (apparently) hanging out.

How come!!??? :confused:

It's costing a fortune. Is this a common failure?

Bubble is a 60 reg 1.2 Lounge

No I don't trust the dealer so I took it to a small garage that my parents and sister use and have recommended.

Just picked her up and it was slightly cheaper than quoted as it didn't take as long to fit as they thought.

£250 + VAT for the service and repair and £45 for the MOT.

He showed me what he'd replaced and we can only conclude that I've possibly banged down a pot hole or something!

Thanks for the comments guys (y)

Not sure I am following this correctly. Was it an oil change, or a full service? If only an oil change, MOT and ball joint replacement, then you have been seriously shafted by your recommended garage. £250 plus vat for an oil change and a ball joint is way over the top. Is it me, am I missing something?

Yes. A wishbone costs about 40 quid for you and me. Lot cheaper for someone in the trade, so not enough to tip the bill towards the 250 quid mark, plus the VAT. I must admit I have never replaced a wishbone on my 500. However, I have replaced loads on previous cars, and never been a big job, about an hour tops if you know what you are doing. I suppose I am probably being a bit unrealistic regarding pricing, just not used to paying someone to do a job I can do myself.

Well first MOT for my 1.2 BNW POP, & its a pass

Not sure if any work was needed for MOT as it was in for a service as well (34k, bought new with 1 mile on clock) paid for 3 year service plan up front, so only MOT to pay for.

Biggest surprise was in the last few days of the warranty they have replaced both rear shocks & both number plates.

In the last 3 years have had some warranty work: wiper washers, boot release, rear shocks (I'm sure already had these done before - but as I was not paying for did not pay too much attention)

Don't get me wrong, this isn't a moan, I usually find myself grinning to myself every time head out for a drive in my wee 500.

:)

1st MOT car 3 years old
Passed with advisory - Radiator leaking (No action required for MOT)
38788 miles
£40 MOT

Well I have got round to finding the split breather hose, (underneath the air box) but having released the two large bolts on side front and dismantled the front intake pipe, how on earth do you release the rear connection, cant even get at it to lift off the air box. 1.2 pop 59 plate. any advice would be appreciated.

Just had my girlfriends mk2b 1.2 punto in for mot.
Woods commercials in aylsham
It is a very very good garage
But we had a big fall out over them shafting family for a car mot failure repair. Im a mechanic in spare time

But it has failed on rear brake regulator and wheel bearing.
They are repairing it as i know one guy well in there and i got the parts (trade) and there fitting and doing the lot with mot cost for £100.

Back