Post pics of your guitar thread!

Currently reading:
Post pics of your guitar thread!

Well you have seen mine already but I do love to flash it about so here it is again in rather large size.

That Rickenbacker is stunning 1986Uno45S, absolutely gorgeous mate and a bargain to boot :eek:

I don't have any pictures of my first guitars from when I was a teenager :eek: yes I was young once :D
But I remember having one of those les paul kays guitars in cherry sunburst. I bought it because the guy who was teaching me had a similar guitar, just a much better one though :D

Attachments

• DSCF2417.JPG
    DSCF2417.JPG
    868.2 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCF2427.JPG
    DSCF2427.JPG
    877.9 KB · Views: 12
Quite an interesting thread and this coming from a non guitar playing forumer, erm when I was young I thought you could just pick up a guitar and blast out any tune, boy was I wrong!

Liam

Too right Liam, it does take a lot of dedication to play well but when things come together it's an amazing feeling, there's a hell of a lot of self satisfaction to be gained.

bloomfieldliam said:
Quite an interesting thread and this coming from a non guitar playing forumer, erm when I was young I thought you could just pick up a guitar and blast out any tune, boy was I wrong!

Liam

You can to a certain extent if you use the punk philosophy!

Back in the heyday of punk there was this infamous fanzine called 'Sniffing Glue' (none other than Danny Baker was one of the writers!)

They did an article that showed three guitar chords in tablature that sort of went like this:

Here's one chord - 'D'

Here's another - 'C'

And here's another 'G'

Now go and form a band
:D

Many famous songs have been written using a 'three chord trick'! Just don't attempt any Pink Floyd if you're at this level :p

Last edited:
Old old pic of me having fun with the Squier Tele I bought the missus 2 year ago (yeah, I bought it for her :p )

Attachments

• Me with Jane's Tele (8).jpg
    Me with Jane's Tele (8).jpg
    502.1 KB · Views: 13
erm mine is a special edition gitty....

its has 3 strings! :eek:

its an ENCORE??
Fook knows if its good or not but once im on the road and the uno is underway im gona sort it out or get a new one and actually learn to play

I would like an IBANEZ.....:yum:

And can someone brush me up on the gitty terminnolgy?
Im new :D

Attachments

• DSC01911.JPG
    DSC01911.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC01912.JPG
    DSC01912.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 9
Biz said:

its an ENCORE??
Fook knows if its good or not but once im on the road and the uno is underway im gona sort it out or get a new one and actually learn to play

I would like an IBANEZ.....:yum:

And can someone brush me up on the gitty terminnolgy?
Im new :D

First, I'd stick some strings on that and learn to play a little before you splash out on anything, cos depending on what/how you like to play you might want a different type guitar- check out the range of different guitars folk on here have got.
Most folk start playing electric with a Strat copy like the one you have, & most companies do a guitar of that shape, copying the original "Fender Stratocaster", one of the first mass-produced electric guitars, and most popular. The shape is classic, easy to get your hands round and good fun to learn on!

Here's a few of the most common shapes/guitars:
Gibson Les Paul
(My Strat all stripped down while we were working on it, I'll try to find some more. :slayer:)
Fender Stratocaster
Gibson SG

Attachments

• Strat.jpg
    Strat.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 88
  • GIBSON '70 Les Paul.JPG
    GIBSON '70 Les Paul.JPG
    434.6 KB · Views: 11
  • gibson sg.jpg
    gibson sg.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 91
  • Strat- work in prgress.jpg
    Strat- work in prgress.jpg
    1,009.1 KB · Views: 15
Biz said:

Now you can play along to all your favourite Presidents of the United States of America songs, such as 'Peaches', 'Kitty', 'Lump' and 'Video killed the radio star' :D

They used a two string bass and a three or four string guitar. At least they did on the first album, but they might have started adding strings once they got some royalties and worked on the second album :p

I thought this thread needed an update.

As mentioned on a different thread I bought a Crafter ML-Bubinger so here's a picture of it again, just in the right place this time.

Also I bought a companion for the Crafter today, it's a Dean Tradition Exotic Mapa. I went to the guitar shop for a browse and I just had to go have a play while I was there and this guitar blew me away for the money.
It's got a totally different sound to the Crafter, the Crafter has a very sharp distinct note and the Dean has a really soft easy going tone to it and is a total joy to play :worship: I have been playing it all afternoon with the odd break to come on here and I can't wait to get back to it but me fingers are a bit too sore to play it properly now :(

Attachments

• uploadcrafter.jpg
    uploadcrafter.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 12
  • dean_trad_ex_mapa2.jpg
    dean_trad_ex_mapa2.jpg
    746 KB · Views: 14
  • dean_trad_ex_mapa1.jpg
    dean_trad_ex_mapa1.jpg
    691.5 KB · Views: 14
Back