Technical Poorly Seicento!

Currently reading:
Technical Poorly Seicento!

Readman

I have noticed within the past week as i get to 3500rpm in second and third in my sei, the car stops accelerating and sits at a constant pace whilst the engine sounds like its working over time.

Am no pretty much nothing about car engines but enough to no something is wrong. It dosnt happen all the time, only when it has been left for a day without use.

Need some help. :cry:

Do you get the revs rising while the car is at a constant speed? That would indicate a clutch problem.

If the revs stick at 3500 and then the clutch would seem to be gripping OK.

Sometimes but it also gets around 3500rpm and sounds like its redlining and wont go above that.

I first noticed it when i had to go to uni and i tried to over take a lorry doing bout 25 on a 60 and i pulled out and the car just didnt go anyware so i had to pull back in behind the lorry.

Was quite embarrassing as i pulled back in a 1 liter nova full of chavs cruised past :yuck:

Yeah, it wont go over that sometimes and i just got in from driving it about and it also seems to splutter when accelerating.

Sounds like the infamous SPI flatspot to me.

A Mckrich chip would sort it out if it is this

does it ******.

dodgy map sensor or lambda sensor. or as has been said, clutch. do the engine revs continue to rise and the speed not increase - or do the revs stop at around 3500. - cos thats what the ECU does in limp mode if a sensor has gone nuts

AppleSei, the flat spot is a dip in the torque curve that causes an area of low acceleration, it's not like hitting a rev limiter... sounds more like an ECU issue thinking it's at 7000 (which interestingly is is double the problem rpm) not 3500 rpm but I have no clue about this stuff

AppleSei said:
Sounds like the infamous SPI flatspot to me.

A Mckrich chip would sort it out if it is this

You must be joking Apple? Something which doesn't allow the car to physically rev past 3500 rpm is the SPI flat spot? I must be lucky because my cinq has never done this to me!!

Their is no light on. It's only doing it sometimes not all the time which is puzzleing me.

Not really i have to change gear to get abit more power then i get to 4th and it goes fine again. It only seems to happen in 2nd and 3rd gear

it happens both shifting up and down, It seems to be happening when i havnt used it for a while. After i have warmed the engine it seems to wear off but it still only does it in 2nd and 3rd for some reason.

Back