poor sound quality on phone calls

Currently reading:
poor sound quality on phone calls

orleansblue

When making calls, I can hear the other person really clearly, but they complain that I sound very broken up / under water / lots of whistles etc.

Has anyone else come accross this? Any idea where the microphone is?

D

I believe the microphone is mounted in the roof light fitting. I have a problem in that the caller gets an 'echo' feedback through their telephones.

mic is part of interior light...I have no problems but in some parts of the country (geographical locations etc) it is better than others.

Not sure why geography should affect a built in mic unless your suggesting that its a phone reception issues like on trains eg drop outs.

To me it seemed like the surrounding noise may be more an issue eg city noise or noisey road surfaces and that the ability to turn up the mic may help.

Most of the calls I make are in the area around Slough and Aylesbury. Its really frustrating because it is crystal clear for me but the person on the other end gets the right hump!

Really strange this, Ive been told by other people im calling that its the best mobile phone call theyve heard.
Said theres no background noise and its very very clear.

I wonder if it depends on what the phone is your using, cant see it, but like i say mine works great.

I have the same issue...Fiat cannot solve this and know about this problem...unless someone knows how to solve this please let me know. Sometimes is goes fine 2 time out of 100 times connecting my gsm to the blu & me...who solved this let me know...because it is annoying....

Sorry to bump up such an old post, but it's the only one I could find that hinted at the problem I'm having with my B&M phone. It works fine for me - but everyone I call complains that they can hear themselves coming back as an echo. They find it really offputting and it does tend to cut convos short!

Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas what might be causing it?

Thanks
Petal

Back