General Poor induction kit fitting.

Currently reading:
General Poor induction kit fitting.

foggy89

My car has a focus induction kit fitted by the previous owner.It seems the silicone pipe that goes over the throttle body is too small,after a good hour of trying it wont form a complete seal,you can still see into the TB from the edges.Any tips?

i thought the focus kit only fit mk2 puntos but i might be mistaken, you could source an original air box form a breakers or get a induction kit that fits

The fact that it doesn't fit is a good way to tell ;)

I bought an MPI kit in error for my car, ended up having to get a 899 bob and various additional bits of silicon/alu piping to make it fit.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Is the silicon elbow joint all one size, or does it have a larger 'step' where it attaches to the throttle body? The MPI version is all one size, the SPI version has the step. Either way, it should be held on with a jubilee clip so there ought not to be any gaps.

Is the silicon elbow joint all one size, or does it have a larger 'step' where it attaches to the throttle body? The MPI version is all one size, the SPI version has the step. Either way, it should be held on with a jubilee clip so there ought not to be any gaps.

Looking at the photo in my profile,it seems it does have a step.

Should of bought the kit on classifieds the other day, saw it today and it looked sweet:)

Scrap the focus kit and get a gsr

I emailed the guy saying ill take it and got no reply.still after the exhaust hes gone but still havent got a reply.

Where did you see it?

Back