police win the right to camouflage speed cameras

Currently reading:
police win the right to camouflage speed cameras

brava007 said:
He said: “Parents often write to us and ask us to put a camera outside a school because the traffic is so dangerous. It’s very difficult to write back and say, ‘Please let us know when your son is killed and then we can consider putting a camera there.’ ”
Irrelevant. I reckon most schools are in 30 zones. Cameras will catch people doing over 30. When loads of schoolkids are around, I don't reckon there will be many doing over 30 mph at all. However, there will be people driving carelessly, or distracted by their "little angels" in the back. They won't be caught, though they're the ones most likely to cause an accident I reckon. :(
H

How many times have you been stuck behind someone doodling along way under the speed limit, not indicating, drifting over islands, cutting people up and generally not paying attention to what they're doing? These people will never get caught simply because they're not breaking the speed limit regardless of how good a driver they are or not. I admit I sometimes stick slightly above the limit, but when I'm driving my brain is focused on One thing: driving. It may be time to invest in a radar detector thingy before they make them illegal:chin:

The Trooper said:
How many times have you been stuck behind someone doodling along way under the speed limit, not indicating, drifting over islands, cutting people up and generally not paying attention to what they're doing? These people will never get caught simply because they're not breaking the speed limit regardless of how good a driver they are or not. I admit I sometimes stick slightly above the limit, but when I'm driving my brain is focused on One thing: driving. It may be time to invest in a radar detector thingy before they make them illegal:chin:
I second that motion... today in traffic on the A64, you have a guy in an estate car leaning into the back of his car while driving.,.. then reading while driving, then making a call while driving.... he was going under 30 though, so he was a safe driver.

Got my radar detector, and it's fitted.

activematt said:
Hey i work for a speed camera detection company...............im not worried:p

Tell me Matt how exactly do these work do they give an audible signal etc ?

Ours gives both audible talking alert which states whether its fixed mobile or average detection, along with the speed limit of the road. As well as a visual on the speed limit and a count down marker thing that tells you how close you are.........if you exceed the speed limit once in the count down period (typically 500 yards) it tells you to reduce your speed

yes i am also interested in this ...

also, back to the other point about speeding past schools, how can you speed when the ****ing mums taking their stroppy little brats to school park all down the road, you have to wait 5 minutes just so you can pull round them, and as everyone else is trying to get the kids drpped off as well its an absolute nightmare.

hmallett said:
Irrelevant. I reckon most schools are in 30 zones. Cameras will catch people doing over 30. When loads of schoolkids are around, I don't reckon there will be many doing over 30 mph at all. However, there will be people driving carelessly, or distracted by their "little angels" in the back. They won't be caught, though they're the ones most likely to cause an accident I reckon. :(
H

Most schools are in 20 zones nowadays, although a few are in 30 zones and the odd secondary schools are in 40s, but teenagers should be able to realise how fast a car is going, he says :rolleyes:

Morritt said:
how can you speed when the ****ing mums taking their stroppy little brats to school park all down the road, you have to wait 5 minutes just so you can pull round them, and as everyone else is trying to get the kids drpped off as well its an absolute nightmare.
I presume you are generalising there, not ALL ****ing mums do that :)

Still trying to come up with more ways to get more £ out of the poor old motorist.

blu73 said:
Mmmm, anyone know what the lense is made from on a speed camera, glass or plastic? sure i can find a suitable chemical to fubar the lense permenantly..

Chemical be buggered BURN UM I believe that does happen to :idea:

Stuart DemonD said:
I presume you are generalising there, not ALL ****ing mums do that :)

says he who has a people carrier and a 5dr abarth ;)

anyway stereotyping is ok as long as its not directed at me :rolleyes:

Morritt said:
says he who has a people carrier and a 5dr abarth ;)
Exactly :p

Our school does have a problem with parking though - they have even resorted to putting the number plates of the rogues in the newsletter, but it is the same old people day in, day out.

Jules always gets there early, parks up in the church car-park, and walks up - our MPV isn't a problem :D

Most schools are in traffic calmed areas anyway so no need for cameras unless you don't value your suspension... it helps the car drive you know.

If they want to play dirty then lets play dirty, Radar Detector and Scanner will be installed and I will drive around at 100mph or as fast as my Tipo allows while listening to police radio FM so I know if anyone has reported me.

It'll be just like a computer game :D

you've hit the nail, the point is its not speeding that kills its drivers that don't concentrate and don't realise the impact of driving, for example I am not stereo typing but just watch the mother picking her (usually the most unruley bunch) in a faded red badly dented daewoo mpv thing fail to notice that there are 20cars behind waiting for her to move on, instead she just sits there blocking two lanes of traffic whilst shouting at said unruley bratts, etc etc.

its not just women, there are school run men too, and I pity their soles:(

I say bring back more traffic cops. because IMO they do a better job than any camera can do. Cameras don't pull you over and make you **** yourself with that condecending walk that cops do :D

Cameras can't tell if the car is unroadworthy, nor will it catch a drunk driver. basically it's a cash machine for the government. nothing more.

Back