Technical please help meee

Currently reading:
Technical please help meee

alfaromeo

my car is still running 0.5bar boost! no engine light is on..ive replaced the boost solenoid today and has made no differnce.. what else could it be? also i saw this plug which was not connected can any1 tell me what its for or check on there car were it splugged in!

Attachments

• A1.jpg
    A1.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 64
so that wont really cause my car to run 0.5bar boost! could my wastegate by stuck?

ok thanx for all your replys but i still only runnin 05bar-- i took it on the motorway earlier and at high speed it was making a woooooooooshing noise.. can some1 please help me

ok thanx for all your replys but i still only runnin 05bar-- i took it on the motorway earlier and at high speed it was making a woooooooooshing noise.. can some1 please help me

Have you tried looking at the dump valve????
Sounds like its leaking, is it running a stock cr*ppy plastic one?

Can't see anything looking like that connector.
Just took these from that area and that side of the engine.....anything look familiar ?
P1020984.jpg
P1020981.jpg
P1020981.jpg
P1020981.jpg
P1020984.jpg

P1020981.jpg

Last edited:
ive got a baileys dumpvalve and the works coz it still makes the tish tish noise.. and futep thanks for the pic- could 1 of my intercooler pipes have a hole causing 0.5bar boost?

Last edited:
ive got a baileys dumpvalve and the works coz it still makes the tish tish noise.. and futep thanks for the pic- could 1 of my intercooler pipes have a hole causing 0.5bar boost?

would still tish as is dumping 0.5 bar of boost ;)
is highly possible that the dumpvalve spring Can't hold more pressure than 0.5

I would look at blocking off the dump valve just to try it :)

Other possibilities are an air leak in a hose
or
The airflow meter

i tried the airflow meter aswell, i unplugged it when the car was on and it made a change in engine note and when i reconneted it the car turned off! how could a dump valve make your car run slower :-s

Put your old original dump valve back on, see if it helps.

If not you can eliminate that from the enquiry.

Could be a stuck wastegate, that can happen. Try replacing your DV as has been said, and we'll take it from there. Don't worry - We'll get to the bottom of it and you'll be boosting like a good'un in no time :D Mine wasn't boosting right for the first 3 months I owned it, turned out to be the manifold gasket wasn't on right, and a hose wasn't properly connected, leaking boost.

i took the dv off and blocked off the hole but its still the same- so i guess the dv is working. i also checked underneath the car and theres no loose pipes! the thing is the car drives perfect doesnt smoke or nothing i even done a 90min motorway mission last night and not a single problem its jus that i cant get over 0.5 bar boost!

I doubt if it is this but have you tried resetting the ECU (disconnect battery for 30 mins) just to see if your ECU has put your engine in safe mode ?
Just an idea and something I would try (after reading any ECU fault codes for the coop on my laptop of course ;))

Back