Plastic Welding Information

Currently reading:
Plastic Welding Information

unitedlegend29

I have a cracked front bumper with a bit of a dint in it,

is it possible to plastic weld this?

or would there be no point as it will still have a dint.. can this be sorted out too?

thanks

It can be done, obviously, but you need to judge whether its worth it or not.

Welding the plastic back together will sort the crack, but if its dented too then you will need to fill and spray the area, if not the whole bumper.

if they are black plastic, I wouldnt bother. They are cheap enough to replace or you can get second hand ones for next to nothing at a scrappie or ebay/ebid.

If its painted then depends how competant you are with body repair and spraying.

I have a cracked front bumper with a bit of a dint in it,

is it possible to plastic weld this?

or would there be no point as it will still have a dint.. can this be sorted out too?

thanks

You can get the dent out of the bumper by simply taking the bumper off the car, boiling the kettle and then simply pour it on the back unpainted side of the bumper. Then gently press the dent out. Be careful tho as you don't want to distort the bumper too much

our Panda has a small crack in the front bumper - maybe 8mm long and a small bit of distortion by the headlamp. Also has a dent in the wing. An insurance job and they are very definite they can repair the bumper and the wing rather than fit new. But then I expect they do a lot of it and have all the right kit for the job. They seem very certain the standard will be every bit as good as fitting new.

Back