Styling Plasti-Dip? Any Good ?

Currently reading:
Styling Plasti-Dip? Any Good ?

jonathaneuk

Catch me if you can :-)
I'm Going to Plasti-Dip My Dashboard, just the bit that is Grey, on My Active Sport, as i want it Black to match the Rest of the Dash.

Anyone know if the Plasti_dip is any good ? as its flexible, and how will the after-looks look ?

Thanks Guys

Regards
Jonathan

i did it, it was good for a few weeks then started to peal. just don't jet wash it or put any sort of tyre shine on it.

I've been looking at videos/guides on this for a month or so now, tempted to get some to spray the bit between grills rather than vinyl.

The only issue being that it's just too expensive to get over here compared to what it is priced at in the US. :(

i did it, it was good for a few weeks then started to peal. just don't jet wash it or put any sort of tyre shine on it.

You must not of done enough layers or left it long enough between layers, I've got plasti dip on number outs parts on my car and have lasted more than a year.

And you CAN jet wash plasti dip.

I've been looking at videos/guides on this for a month or so now, tempted to get some to spray the bit between grills rather than vinyl.

The only issue being that it's just too expensive to get over here compared to what it is priced at in the US. :(

I've plasti dipped my front grill and wing mirrors. Has lasted well over a year now.

I recommend watching videos how to use it. And it's fun to use.

You must not of done enough layers or left it long enough between layers, I've got plasti dip on number outs parts on my car and have lasted more than a year.

And you CAN jet wash plasti dip.

I've plasti dipped my front grill and wing mirrors. Has lasted well over a year now.

I recommend watching videos how to use it. And it's fun to use.
They look great! Where did you buy yours from?

Keep toying with doing my wheels with it as the laquer is peeling. Might go for it one day.

It's cheaper on the plasti dip website, although you have to pay postage. For multiple cans, probably works out cheaper than eBay (not that you should need multiple for the dash)

Keep toying with doing my wheels with it as the laquer is peeling. Might go for it one day.

It's cheaper on the plasti dip website, although you have to pay postage. For multiple cans, probably works out cheaper than eBay (not that you should need multiple for the dash)

there is allot of people in America that have done there wheels. they recon its 3-4 cans (400ml)

do it :D

there is allot of people in America that have done there wheels. they recon its 3-4 cans (400ml)

do it :D

Problem is the price - you can get a kit in the US of 4 coloured cans plus 3 pearlizer, which is suspect is a bit much for 17" wheels, for $58 posted. The same kit here is £95.

I'd also like to buy just one can from a Halfords or similar to try it out. It's a lot to spend if it looks ridiculous, but it's cheaper than getting them powder coated.

I was looking to do that but yeah it can be expensive to buy.

Back