General Placement of 12v (lighter) socket

Currently reading:
General Placement of 12v (lighter) socket

Soepy

Hi..

Two more weeks till I get my Panda 1.2 Eleganza... I hope! (Have to sort my residents permit out first, or I won't be able to register it :( )

I'm planning on mounting a small tablet PC on the dash for the GPS, but I have no idea where the lighter socket is on a Panda. Haven't seen any picture with it. Can somebody explain where the 12v socket is, or (even better) post a picture?

Perhaps somebody has a suggestion for other ways to get 12v in the Panda?

Thanks a lot,

where is the screen going to be mounted as the car has passenger and driver airbags so space will be limited as you have to take into account the area they occupy when they go off:eek:

you've been watching Pimp my ride havent you

petebarchetta said:
where is the screen going to be mounted as the car has passenger and driver airbags so space will be limited as you have to take into account the area they occupy when they go off:eek:
I though about this a lot.
I'll probably mount it over the radio. The tablet ( http://www.tronic.com.sg/ ) has a pivoting stand on the back, which I plan to stick to the flat top of the dash using velcro, and another strip of velcro just below the radio. Shouldn't be too intruisive.

you've been watching Pimp my ride havent you
Guilty as charged!

Next thing I'll need though is some way to get the sound output of the PC to the built-in radio. The iPod interface can be bought all over the place. Apparently, the simple connection cable ( http://www.bluespot.co.uk/stock/auxin.asp ) does not work. Can anybody confirm this?

The picture is awful, but it at least it explains the idea better.
attachment.php

Attachments

• justawful.JPG
    justawful.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 309
Oh, and, uh, hmallett, I hope you don't mind me using one of your pictures :( I should have asked you first, I guess....

That's fine. Please send me the screen thing, and I'll do it in real life, so you can see how it fits... :p
H

Last edited:
just a caution, when you don't have the screen in the car, ensure all trace of it is removed, including mounting points, leads, etc.

there is a noticable trend where cars are being broken into on the chance the screen attached to the still visible arm/mounting point is somewhere inside.

hmallett said:
That's fine. Please send me the screen thing, and I'll do it in real life, so you can see how it fits... :p
H
Nah, it would probably take more than two weeks before you'd get it, Romania not being part of the EU and all. I'll test it in mine instead. :rolleyes:

turboned said:
just a caution, when you don't have the screen in the car, ensure all trace of it is removed, including mounting points, leads, etc.
Yes, I can imagine. That's why I'm looking for other ways to get the 12V.

there is a noticable trend where cars are being broken into on the chance the screen attached to the still visible arm/mounting point is somewhere inside.
I had to read that sentence about 5 times before I got it. Nice language English is. But indeed, I should not leave any wires and adaptors on the floor.

How 'bout that space under the passenger seat? Does every version (other than the ones with sound pack) have it?

So, when we're speaking about 12v socket: which workaround you, guys, are found to adopt your gadgets "standard" 12v plugs to Fiat's socket, that's not so deep? -Both my fathers Multipla and the Dealer's demo Panda i drive yet, have a special_Fiat sized sockets, and all my digital gear's plugs don't fitting firmly in the socket... :confused:

And, to add some drama: it's a long and sad story, why my 4x4 Panda isn't delivered in time - in short - the Dealer, feeling not very ok with the surpassed deadline, gave me the 1,2 dynamic to drive until my 4x4 comes (should be Tomorrow here...I hope). Plus - I had the worst luck at all this Sunday evening - I was driving on motorway, and suddelny a Hare ran on the road just 5-7 meters ahead... no time for braking at all... bums, and Hare is, of course dead, and Dealer's Panda's front Bumper damaged... needless to say, that both of my 2,5 Y and 5 Y old daugthers were at all not very pleased with the accident, and keeped continuously annoying me all the 2_hour Homeway with questions like "is the Hare REALLY dead?" and so on... Plus a vision of furthstanding, not very comfortable meeting with dealer and insurance (it is not very good task to explain them, that no f-in countryside policeman in sunday's evening was ready to come some 30-40 kms to fix a Fact of non_blood_accident..). OK, enougth bad thing for Today.
Some Fun too: I really liked the 1,2 regular Panda, and had fun to make some Winter_Trip to my favorite Fishing (summer, ofc) places. Of course, I wasn't able to go so deep in the Forest, as I will do with my 4x4 :rolleyes: , but it was still a good day (some Foto's):

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 32
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 23
Wow, you went into the snow with a 2x4!? Did it have the traction control fitted? Nice picture, I can hardly wait!

Soepy said:
Wow, you went into the snow with a 2x4!? Did it have the traction control fitted? Nice picture, I can hardly wait!

Yes, I went into the snow with 2x4. But - it is still 2x4. All Standard, traction is controled manually only(ofc - footually in reality :)), by sensitive use of accelerator. And on snowy Forest_Road the 2x4 Panda has limited performance - especially, when I came to before untouched snow_cover on the road. I was forced to climb some before me untouched Forestroad slopes in more than one Try, sometimes even in reverse Gear, to let the Back wheels to make some Track for the driving front_wheels. ofc - only the slight slopes are possible to climb - the steep ones are completly not_for_2x4_Panda. Maybe, if you use snowchains...
So, Forest&Snow - it was ok for Fun, but, I don't suggest anyone to go relatively deep snow with 2x4 for purposes other that driving Fun - the 2x4 isn't meant for such Tasks.

and YESS!!! - Today finally arrived my 4x4 Panda!!! I'll get it on Friday :) so - a few new, much deeper_wood_snowy_Panda fotos next week :rolleyes:

wouldnt you be better off getting one of those head units with the monitor buillt in that slide out:D really cool, then modify to take a video input:confused:
i thinks some have that functionality

Tablet PC

I thought I'd upload a picture with the final placement of my tablet. Sure looks better than the image I uploaded some weeks ago.

I've fixed the tablet to the dash with two 10cm/4" strips of velcro, one below the radio and one on top of the dash. It's really stable. The tablet didn't fall off, eventhough the Romanian roads are pretty bumpy.

Attachments

• IMG_2920 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_2920 (Medium).jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
has anyone tried to fit a 12v lighter socket in the boot(like the multipla's have)
i want to run my 8 litre cool box in the boot, by the time it gets done it will be summer
(there's forward planning for you?!!):D

anyone tried fitting a 12v lighter sockt in the boot?
got one of those halfords cool boxes and want a 12v supply, by the time i get it done it will be summer:D
what wires are feeding permenant or switched 12v feed?:confused:

Back