Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Biglee

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Bushboy

Votes: 9 15.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
luke1985 said:
i voted for Neo, like the paintwork and that was some tasking getting the result he did for the bodywork (y)

Nice entry there joe, easy 2nd place.

Koa - If my GF could vote, she woulda chose yours - and now she wants alloys that colour on her KA :rolleyes:
Tell her to sign up ;)
I actually done it as a girls car so it's good to hear she liked it (y) For this reason i knew my votes were going to be limited, but i wanted to do it either way as it's not like i do this just for votes..
I think i may do a guys version, just to see how it would have turned out..

I don't see any point in doing it just for votes, hence my not sticking very much with the original look of the car, despite knowing that many people would not approve. I'm sure most of us do it for enjoyment, to develop our skill and to see what we can come up with. Hell, if I only did it for the votes, I would have given up long ago.

The competition aspect of the challenges' is not what motivates me either. I prefer the doing, and trying to improve my ability to vitual mod the cars. It is also good fun :D

As the votes rely heavily on what car the majority of people like the look of, it is impossible to take winning or losing to heart.

Hmmm, I guess that means I will never win, no matter how good my work gets, because I seem to have very different taste to the majority of people on here. Oh well, at least if I never win, I will get more practice through never hosting.

Neofolis said:
Hmmm, I guess that means I will never win, no matter how good my work gets, because I seem to have very different taste to the majority of people on here. Oh well, at least if I never win, I will get more practice through never hosting.
Hosting is a big pain in the butt and i personally would prefer not to win purely for that reason, but it has to be done if you do. Winning is cool because you know the majority of people actually appreciate what you have done, but if you don't win it's onto the next challenge, knowing you can take part..
I kinda wish that the voting didn't exist as I don't really like voting myself, i feel bad for the one's i didn't vote for because i know on a lot of occasions that there's a lot of time and effort gone into them. So i try to take that into account.

As you know I don't vote, but I do find it frustrating when I see Joe's car getting the most votes, when it has obviously been rushed and is unfinished. I can appreciate that people prefer the design and I know everyone votes for their own reasons, but it just makes me think that people don't appreciate the effort that other people make.

Please don't take this the wrong way, it's not a whinge and I can see why people like Joe's design, it's great, but I find it surprising that it is getting the most votes. I'm also not saying mine should get more votes, because I made more effort, that's hardly the criteria for winning..

I can see however I word the above it's going to sound bad, but it is not meant as a dig at Joe or the voters. Joe has a lot of skill and the voters are free to vote for any entry.

I normally have no objection to being contraversial, but that is not my intention here.

well i think all the cars are pretty great :) thumbs up to all of you. i think no matter how much work is put into a pic its just going to come down to peronal taste like ya said. my taste is going to way different to most i feel but i really enjoyed doing my car and i cant wait to get stuck into a new one so its good i wont win lol

Neo, i don't mind mate. I would prefer not to win tomorrow, as i am going away for the weekend. That would mean the vote would need to be close at about 4pm.

Sure i didn't spend 20+ hours on it, but i honestly don't belive that people should vote for who they think spent the most time on it. I do vote for the entries, as that is how this works. I couldn't care less if someone spent 1 minute on it, if I like the finished product then i will vote.

I hope that people do not think that you last post was a plee for votes, as i do not see it that way and obviously it is a perfectly fair point of view. :)

I wish all the best (y)

'Supersize Me' is now on channel four!!!!!! :D

EDIT- its not like i don't know how you feel neo :eek:

http://fiatforum.com/showthread.php?t=25058

Last edited:
Thanks for taking it well, it certainly wasn't meant to be derrogatory in any way and I wouldn't expect people to vote just because something looks like it took longer, because we all work at a different rate anyway. Thinking about it, I don't really find it that surprising, most people are going to look at the pic and make a decision and that's it.

I have been spending my time during the voting period checking out the mods on the Digimods site and at first I was super impressed, but now I've have time to look more closely and more critically I can see loads of things that I think could be improved, not so much on the design, but on the quality of finish. Don't get me wrong, the work is of a very high standard and much better than I could do, but I always strive for perfection in the hope that one day I will reach a point that to most people would be indestinguishable from perfection. I know that I am many miles from that at the moment, but I guess that's what practice is all about. I think my main drawback is lack of artisitc flair. I am happy with my taste although obviously uniquely mine, many of my designs are limited in ways that other people seem to have greater creativity.

I hope that once my technique improves I can improve my designs, but I realise that that will be a lot more difficult, because it is not something that can be learnt so easily.

My last post was in no way a plea for votes, I'm pleased that you didn't see it as such, as long as I get at least one vote in each challenge I am happy, because I know that at least one person has appreciated my work, although still I wouldn't be upset at not receiving any votes if I didn't think my entry deserved any, it is nice to know that someone likes your creation.

I also have to say that if I was going to plea for votes I would be considerably more blatent.

I too have been looking around the digimods site over the last couple of days, and i see one disadvantage that I personally have over a lot of people that do these mods.

I don't see many modded cars, i've not been to any shows since i was little and therefore have a somewhat lack of knowledge as to exactly what i can do to these cars.

I'm basically modding on the fly. Some things i find on the net and use in the cars, but if i can i will draw it myself and thats when i get the problems because of my imaturity in this subject matter.

Neo, what you said about the voting i can totally understand mate, and I know joe understands too..
Thats why i propose that we drop the list of winners as it's not important to what we do ?

Dropping the winners list would be cool :)

When we get the photoshop section running, hopefully we will be able to help each other out with chops and give out tips and advice.

I can spot things which can be made better on quite a few of the entries. And i can say for sure that people will notice things wrong with mine. (rear light and the fact the front wheel would never, ever turn unless this thing had enough hydraulics to raise it a good 10 inches.) BUT i can't give out any advice or highlight things which could have been improved because it may influence the vote.

To be honest I would feel better about if a) we didn't have a vote or b) only the people who entered were allowed to vote. The problem with the first option is who would host the next one, the problem with the second option is that there wouldn't be many votes, so there would be a high chance of a tie.

Just thought of option c) You don't have a vote and the host decides the winner.

OK, probably no-one will like any of those suggestion, because it means making decisions that could cause angst between modders, they also rely on total honesty and no favouritism.

OK, forget all those ideas, it's worked until now, I'm sure it will continue to work.

Sorry why change the current system?!

I have no photoshop skills whatsoever, I always ignore the intial thread, but I look at the finished products and every week I am impressed. Then I'll vote. Why do it any other way?

The only suggestion I would have is that having a photoshop section to have both the thread and the vote in, plus all the other photoshop stuff, would make it a lot more convenient to see what's going on.

I know what you mean about exposure KoA. I see very few modded cars, other than in films like The Fst &The Furious, etc. and there are very few modded cars around here and what there are usually look crap. Mind you they are usually things like Pug 206's, as if any amount of mods could make one of them look good anyway.

In contradiction to you I am actually quite keen to avoid too much exposure, because I would rather develop my own style, rather than be influenced by the styles of others. Unfortunately my artistic/creative skills don't allow much of my own ideas at the moment, hence cutting bit from other vehicles, so I have been trying to get bit from other vehicles to use as a base for what I want to create and then manipulating it to what I want, rather than creating something from scratch, which really would look like a 2 year old had done it. A good example of this is the rear lights that you see on this mod. I doubt anyone would guess the image I created them from, so I will include it below. Slightly changed, I think you'll agree.

Attachments

• 0 lights 2.jpg
    0 lights 2.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 13
Neofolis said:
I know what you mean about exposure KoA. I see very few modded cars, other than in films like The Fst &The Furious, etc. and there are very few modded cars around here and what there are usually look crap. Mind you they are usually things like Pug 206's, as if any amount of mods could make one of them look good anyway.

In contradiction to you I am actually quite keen to avoid too much exposure, because I would rather develop my own style, rather than be influenced by the styles of others. Unfortunately my artistic/creative skills don't allow much of my own ideas at the moment, hence cutting bit from other vehicles, so I have been trying to get bit from other vehicles to use as a base for what I want to create and then manipulating it to what I want, rather than creating something from scratch, which really would look like a 2 year old had done it. A good example of this is the rear lights that you see on this mod. I doubt anyone would guess the image I created them from, so I will include it below. Slightly changed, I think you'll agree.
Slightly :rolleyes: :confused: How you got those from that i'll never know:)

Simple really, rotate to desired angle, stretch and distort to desired shape, motion blur to aid blending required due to said stretching and distorting, hue shift to change colour. Then quite a bit of airbrushing to get them exactly as I wanted.

Neofolis said:
Simple really, rotate to desired angle, stretch and distort to desired shape, motion blur to aid blending required due to said stretching and distorting, hue shift to change colour. Then quite a bit of airbrushing to get them exactly as I wanted.
lol, wouldn't it have been easier to draw some in or find some closer to what you were looking for :)
I save every single high res car pics that i come across, you never know what or when you may need them.

I'm happy for joe to give us the next challenge if anyone else is ?

I know it's a close one this week, but i can't see it changing at this late stage ?

Back