Technical Pheasant took out the drivers side mirror!

Currently reading:
Technical Pheasant took out the drivers side mirror!

Isotope

We hit a Pheasant tonight and it took off the mirror cover, removed the mirror smashed it from it's mounting and we have also lost the repeater lens. The car is Cinema Black but I see the cap is supplied primed to be painted has anyone on here got any parts that could help me get the wifes car back to spec! Of course I was driving at the time!! Dinner is in the dog!! HELP ME!

I lost my right mirror when it was taken off buy a coach
You'll have to buy the whole mirror if the repeater has gone, and a cap and the glass.
According to Shop4Parts, the mirror is about £140 and the glass and cap extra and the cap needs painting.
The dealer did mine all in for about £230-£240

Mirror indicator/repeaters are available separately, as are the covers…there’s also someone on eBay who seems to sell a lot of ‘new other’ new motor stock, probably buys package damaged stock…I got a mirror from him and it was an OEM part, just no Fiat box…it’s worth a search, examples below

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
We hit a Pheasant tonight and it took off the mirror cover, removed the mirror smashed it from it's mounting and we have also lost the repeater lens. The car is Cinema Black but I see the cap is supplied primed to be painted has anyone on here got any parts that could help me get the wifes car back to spec! Of course I was driving at the time!! Dinner is in the dog!! HELP ME!
Pheasant goes very well in a casserole if that helps.

How tall was that pheasant???
They are monumentally stupid birds.

Got it fixed for about £180 DIY, new mirror, painted caps and about 1 hours work, you pop off the trim cover on the mirror, two allen bolts, pull out the switch pad on the drivers door card and all the connectors are accessible. Hardest part is getting the loom grommet to sit back in the inner door properly. It has a TAB on it to pull it through but I think the door card would need removing to be able to use that and you don't want to do that if you can help it, unless you could enslave a small child who might just be able to do it through the switch pad opening??

On my 500X 2015 I had the temperature sensor fail under warranty. The dealer had to remove the door card as the cable from the mirror was tie-wrapped to the door inner frame behind the door card. Looks like you were lucky. Fiat probably changed production assembly methods to not tie-wrap the cable because of warranty repair costs. A lot of 500X had the temperature sensor fail.

Last edited:
They (the peasants) usually doff their hats before jumping in front of the car!! The birds don't have any manners!!

• Haha
Reactions: ben
Back