Peugeaot 207 brake light switch location.

Currently reading:
Peugeaot 207 brake light switch location.

Ffoxy

Telford's Own...
Hi guys, help needed for tomorrow, Saturday 30th...

Is the brake light switch on a Pug 207 (UK car) behind the brake pedal or on the passenger side operated by the remote brake mechanism?

Any tips on how to get it done easily & quickly appreciated... I know I need thin extending arms & binocular, light assisted vision but I have niether... & I'm not sure the 206 is the same either... Anyone?

OK 17 views so there is some interest.

The brake-light switch is on the passenger side, up behind the glovebox, very hard to see & reach, but use a torch & look for the green connector with 4 wires on it. The small carpet section & the transmission tunnel section should be removed for easier access, now grip the switch body & rotate through 90 degrees & the switch comes out, then depress the retaining spur holding the switch to the plug & pull. Once apart it was clear to me that the switch plunger was not moving freely & only 1 set of contacts were switching. I gave the switch shaft a squirt of silicone lube & a quick splash of WD40 down into the switch body, worked the switch plunger & successfully re-fitted the the switch before re-connecting the wiring plug. This was the difficult bit but is manageable with concentration. All working fine, saved £12 for the switch & I reckon 1 hours labour, so around £50 - £100 based on on Indy versus Dealer prices. :)

Back