General Petrol cap door

Currently reading:
General Petrol cap door

Rivern

My petrol cap fell off whilst filling up the other day... the hinge was a bit dodgy anyways and i need to get a new one, any idea of part numbers and may be any idea what the damage will be from a dealer.

Cheers!

Rivern said:
My petrol cap fell off whilst filling up the other day... the hinge was a bit dodgy anyways and i need to get a new one, any idea of part numbers and may be any idea what the damage will be from a dealer.

Cheers!

Yes I posted about this a while back there are apparently around 5 different types and they are quite cheap at 17 odd each make sure you keep the hinge well lubed on the new one and it will be OK dont lube it and it will give you problems (y) good luck :)

3dr = 735368537 = £17.40

That's the latest one, it was modified mid-03 (maybe a change to the god-awful hinge!). Remember you'll need to get it sprayed.

Brilliant! I'll pop over to fiat in a bit to order one... and i'll take the old one to make sure i get the right one. If it comes primed i'll respray it myself.

Thanks guys!(y)

I orderd the part today... £14 from the dealers arrives tuesday... apparently. It comes primed only and i said i'd Spray it my self until i went to halfords to get the spray, metalic fiat stilo black and typically they dont stock it and have to mix it to order...

How can i get my hands on the right spray without going to halfrauds?

should be able to order some from the fiat dealer ?

in regard to the filler cover, mines snapped off, the plastic hinge on the cover itself gave way a couple of years ago.

Its important to keep the hinge on these covers lubricated because if you dont then you will get problems I do mine every month it only takes a few second and pevention is better than cure and £17 a time plus spraying :)

(y) PNL is right guys. Always keep the hinge well greased. Constant washing of the car can make these joints go dry. Even door handles need greasing to prevent damage. As soon as they feel stiff on opening whack on some grease.(y)

The petrol cap door fell off my old 1.2 (it was just trying to fall off for weeks). When I eventually picked up my new one and had it fitted, all was well. That was, until I saw the new door in the sunshine, and it was a different colour to the rest of the car!!

It looked the same colour under a dark, cloudy sky, but the difference was quite obvious in brighter conditions.

Make sure they've matched the correct colour up perfectly before taking it away. How they managed to bodge up an exact colour code I don't know!

Bren J said:
The petrol cap door fell off my old 1.2 (it was just trying to fall off for weeks). When I eventually picked up my new one and had it fitted, all was well. That was, until I saw the new door in the sunshine, and it was a different colour to the rest of the car!!

It looked the same colour under a dark, cloudy sky, but the difference was quite obvious in brighter conditions.

Make sure they've matched the correct colour up perfectly before taking it away. How they managed to bodge up an exact colour code I don't know!

I have this on mine to but didnt notice it when I bought the car :bang: the petrol flap was missing when I first saw the car and they had a new one fitted I didnt notice the slight diiference in colour until a few weeks later on a sunny day I will get this sorted though as I have more cosmetic work to be sorted on the car [bloody stone chippin around the sills and lower doors] :bang:

PNL said:
Its important to keep the hinge on these covers lubricated because if you dont then you will get problems I do mine every month it only takes a few second and pevention is better than cure and £17 a time plus spraying :)

:yeahthat: The one on my new Stilo was dry / creaky but gave it a squirt today (y)

Back