Technical Stilo Inner Fuel Cap

Currently reading:
Technical Stilo Inner Fuel Cap

n0d3xx

Hi everyone, I recently purchased a Fiat Stilo 3 door 1.2 16v that happened to come without the fuel tank cap.

But this is not the main problem, it came to my hands without fuel, so I had to go to a gas station to get gasoline and now I have to put it in manually...

The problem is that the Fiat Stilo doesn't need a key to open the inner tank lid but I also couldn't understand how I can open it :LOL:D

Can anyone explain to me what the trick is to open that?

The inner cap should just turn by hand anti-clockwise (it can be stiff and take some force). The outer 'flap' is hinged and spring loaded, so open by pressing in slightly on the 'dimple' in the flap and it should spring open. Though it sounds like yours might be missing.

Hope that helps...

The inner cap should just turn by hand anti-clockwise (it can be stiff and take some force). The outer 'flap' is hinged and spring loaded, so open by pressing in slightly on the 'dimple' in the flap and it should spring open. Though it sounds like yours might be missing.

Hope that helps...

Yes man it was as you said, i just needed to force it a little bit more.. :LOL:D
I was kinda afraid of breaking something thats why i couldn't open it haha

Thx a lot m8

My previous 1.8 had a 'lockable door' i.e. when the car was unlocked the door was also unlocked. My current 2.4 has the same type door but it doesn't seem to lock.

However I really can't remember if my 1.8 also had a lockable filler ?, but the 2.4 does. Unfortunately turning the key in the filler doesn't actually lock it at all i.e. you can still take it off/put it on irrespective of where the key is.

Obviously all repairable, BUT, at what cost ?. Where I live it's reasonably safe so it can stay as it is. If you live in a more challenging area securing your filler will be more of a concern, and perhaps a aftermarket filler lock or padlock on the door would be prudent.

My previous 1.8 had a 'lockable door' i.e. when the car was unlocked the door was also unlocked. My current 2.4 has the same type door but it doesn't seem to lock.

However I really can't remember if my 1.8 also had a lockable filler ?, but the 2.4 does. Unfortunately turning the key in the filler doesn't actually lock it at all i.e. you can still take it off/put it on irrespective of where the key is.

Obviously all repairable, BUT, at what cost ?. Where I live it's reasonably safe so it can stay as it is. If you live in a more challenging area securing your filler will be more of a concern, and perhaps a aftermarket filler lock or padlock on the door would be prudent.

These days if somebody wants to steal fuel they will just stab a tank with a screw driver as it's quicker and easier then trying to Syphon fuel out the filler

Back