General performance stilo!!

Currently reading:
General performance stilo!!

Ryan m

hi have 1.9 jtd stilo.it has 140bhp and 240ft.lb of torque,my mods are induction kit,exaust system,dasket unichip,i just bought an intercooler and a bleed valve.what else is their that i could get? would it be likely to get 20bhp out of the intercooler and the bleed valve with a remap?thanks ;)

Stilo Multijet 140bhp said:
Watch out ryan.... you'll be getting clutch slip very soon if you don't get it changed or stop upping the torque!!!!!!(y)

And another member in need of an uprated clutch :bang:

thanks guy for the help by the way.iv already had a remap.but not with my new mods.i still dont understand how i would get a 170bhp from?why would i lose the chip?is dastek a gd chip?or should of i went for the celtic or the angel chip?thanks for the help everone!(y)

Remap is custom done for the car a chip is just done for all cars that have that engine thus cannt give the same power increase as all engines are different.

wozza said:
Remap is custom done for the car a chip is just done for all cars that have that engine thus cannt give the same power increase as all engines are different.

A new map on a chip as well as a new map on flash memory is a remap.

Most remaps sold are generic unless they are done live. Either type of ECU can be used for live maps, which are custom maps. On the flash mamory type ECUs this is possible through the OBD socket and with chips with additional hardware, which is used during the mapping process and the final results are written to a new eprom/prom before it is being fitted to the ECU.

let me know if the bleed valve works i have read if you fit a bleed valve or an electronic boost controller to a variable vane turbo it blows it up

Back