General Peco exahust

Currently reading:
General Peco exahust

maxxy_boi

I have bought a peco exhuast and it is all fitted but the back box is sooo big that you can see it under the car and around the tail pipe and it looks rubbish!! Any1 else had the same problem?? Or anyone know how i cud hide the back box i was thinking of buyin a rear diffuser but can't find any for the mk2.b or any with a hole for an exhaust!! Or could the problem be with where i got it fitted?? I will take sum pics l8a on to show you what i mean!!

1. Stop using txt speak, its not big and its not clever.

2. Take your car to a decent exhaust place and they can fabricate their own pipe etc and get it to sit exactly how it should.

3. Peco are absolute crap unless your taking it on a race track :rolleyes:. Prepare to get deafened.

Get the rear bumper cut also so it is housed better, if it hasnt been cut already

Take it to a proper centre and not your local mechanic as this proved to be my mistake

Sorry its just quicker to use text talk!! Here is a picture of it anyways:

DSC00570.jpg

Anyone know how that could be fixed?? Would taking it to a proper exhaust place work?

you might just have to live with it... in the pic it looks like the hole in the exhaust is sitting as high up on the bumper as it can, without the gases hitting the bumper (and making horrible vibration, if nothing else)

thats the only other option is to put it against the bumper tight and melt it and then move it and melt it until u get it to a position where you want and file the bumper smooth. to be honest mate i took mine to rsr in redhill and it cost me 60 pound to get mine fitted and they found that the pipe connecting it was to small for their liking lol sos they made it thicker to the cat for free. plus its good to go somewhere proper so that you get to know the people and get the next thing cheaper. i got my wheels balanced for 10 pound for all 4. not bad. so i would personally take it to a proper garage and get them to cut a hole which will take a lot of the view of the back box away. hope it helps.
ps. the more you spend the better it will look. u spend little money u get cr*p you spend loads you get wat u want. i have just found that out lol

thats the only other option is to put it against the bumper tight and melt it and then move it and melt it until u get it to a position where you want and file the bumper smooth. to be honest mate i took mine to rsr in redhill and it cost me 60 pound to get mine fitted and they found that the pipe connecting it was to small for their liking lol sos they made it thicker to the cat for free. plus its good to go somewhere proper so that you get to know the people and get the next thing cheaper. i got my wheels balanced for 10 pound for all 4. not bad. so i would personally take it to a proper garage and get them to cut a hole which will take a lot of the view of the back box away. hope it helps.
ps. the more you spend the better it will look. u spend little money u get cr*p you spend loads you get wat u want. i have just found that out lol

I did spend like £250 on the exhaust so thought it wud be a good 1!! My brother works for a mechanic so I normally take the car to him and he gives me a good price! I was thinking of buying the sporting bumper like this 1:

fiat_punto_sporting_side_20_05_03.jpg

and was thinking of cutting a whole where like the mesh sort of thing is and putting the exhaust out of there then you would'nt be able to see the backbox! U think this would be possible??

Just get your bumper cut it will cost very few £

With the design of the exhaust the backbox will show anyway, and its plastic on sporting bumper, not mesh so would melt anyway, you may be looking at a custom rear bumper if you want what you are asking for

If you just wanted the pipes showing you shouldve got a custom exhaust

Back