Pay Pal message

Currently reading:
Pay Pal message

The Beard

Prominent member
I've received an e-mail from Pay Pal telling me there has been some unauthorised activity on my account.

It tells me to log onto my account as soon as possible and that they may ask me to confirm information I gave when the account was created. This is to confirm that I'm the account holder.

It then tells me to log in and check my details are correct; credit card details and the like to check that they are correct.

Sounds ok so far.....except that I do not now, nor ever have, had a Pay Pal account!

Sounds a bit fishy/phishy to me. Has anybody else had a message like this?

I get these all the time, PayPal, all the banks etc, genuine emails will usually have your name on them, or last 4 account numbers

I regularly receive emails telling me my iTunes account for has been debited for such and such a thing and I should log in to verify if the activity was not authorised.

These are beautifully crafted emails, but slightly wasted on someone who is more likely to pay money to a terrorist organisation than Apple.

Quite common these days unfortunately. I receive on a regular basis from bogus banks, paypal & other scammers asking for personal information. They always start with dear member or the like, never your name. Obviously you should never click the link or give out any information.

I've had to change my password on a couple of occasions.

a236826-48-Strong%20Bad%20Deleted%20clean.jpg

Yeah had them to, just ignore and delete, or go one strange further, log in to your account ( from google not from the email) and also delete your PayPal account,- the plus side is that I've saved a fortune not buying crap of eBay on a whim ��

Back