Passenger side door handle, Fiat, 500 vintage, 57

Currently reading:
Passenger side door handle, Fiat, 500 vintage, 57

Allgoodal

Hello all

Never joined one of these groups before and I’ve only just bought a Fiat car, but the passenger side door handle needs replacing. One of the hinges seems to have broken at the screw point. I have seen chrome high shine finished handles that look correct advertised for the Fiat 500+ little last 20 or £30 on Amazon, am I doing myself a disservice here? If anyone can help with advise which appreciated.

Thank you

Hi

For Style reasons the 500 handle is different to every other FIAT door handle

The near identical Panda has 'bulletproof' handles :)

Ok .. the 500 handle has a known weak design.. the HINGE breaks.. there is only one.. and FIAT sell it as a replacement part

So You Do Not need a complete handle ;)

And a cheap pattern one may not have a replaceable hinge

Plenty of info in the 500 section :)

Hi

For Style reasons the 500 handle is different to every other FIAT door handle

The near identical Panda has 'bulletproof' handles :)

Ok .. the 500 handle has a known weak design.. the HINGE breaks.. there is only one.. and FIAT sell it as a replacement part

So You Do Not need a complete handle ;)

And a cheap pattern one may not have a replaceable hinge

Plenty of info in the 500 section :)
Excellent thank you

Excellent thank you
Hello again

I have another question if anyone can help.
The heating system only seems to come on when it’s on number 4 which is pretty loud. 12 or three does not register as a request to release heating from the air vents. Is this possibly a diagnostic digital computer setting that’s gone wrong? Or do you think this is a practical parts and mechanical type fault, or repair needed?

Thank you in advance if anyone has had this problem with Fiat 500 vintage 57

Alex

Hi Alex

I THINK your car is pretty much stock 500 just with a few styling add.ons / changes

Heater fan:

On a basic car with twisty knob heater controls.. there is a traditiomal HeaterResistor.. drops the power to the fan to slow it down

Climate systems use electronics.. far more complex...

Hi Alex

I THINK your car is pretty much stock 500 just with a few styling add.ons / changes

Heater fan:

On a basic car with twisty knob heater controls.. there is a traditiomal HeaterResistor.. drops the power to the fan to slow it down

Climate systems use electronics.. far more complex...
Hello

So is it possible that the electronics are not sensing the dial when turned on one two or three? Or is this like a frequent fault that needs a serious costly repair ?

Thank you trying to help

Alex

Hello

So is it possible that the electronics are not sensing the dial when turned on one two or three? Or is this like a frequent fault that needs a serious costly repair ?

Thank you trying to help

Alex

A dial of 1,2,3 +4 which you push in for aircon.. is the basics.. so will have a resistor pack :)

Search 'heater resistor' on here for 500 info..

But this info is also good..and relevant :cool:

A dial of 1,2,3 +4 which you push in for aircon.. is the basics.. so will have a resistor pack :)

Search 'heater resistor' on here for 500 info..

But this info is also good..and relevant :cool:
This is excellent information thank you so much for taking the time 😊👍

Back