General Passenger front door card

Currently reading:
General Passenger front door card

Ewwwww! That's HORRIBLE
Thanks for that. Never seen one destroyed like that.

Thanks for your uplifting comments too. I have to agree though, it's not a pretty sight. The drivers side is a bit loose in the middle now too.

I really do need to find a replacement, just don't fancy the £110 from dealer. I suppose the scrap yard is the only place to get a 5 door part at the right price.

Last edited:
I too have damage to both passenger and driver side cards, split handle is split in middle and passenger handle is in the same state as the pic posted by Stilo_ste, will 5 door cards fit 3 door

How common is this? The handles don't feel weak so I'm a bit shocked that you can break them like that! (n) Maybe a bit of fibreglass mat and resin is needed to strengthen them from behind....

How common is this? The handles don't feel weak so I'm a bit shocked that you can break them like that! (n) Maybe a bit of fibreglass mat and resin is needed to strengthen them from behind....
I think you'll find it's mainly a 3 door issue (my old 3 door VW had a similar problem).

My 5 door is pretty much in the same condition as new (now 6 years old) :spin:

I think it must have been a dodgy batch of plastic as both drivers and passenger sides on mine are cracked (sorted with a bit of araldite (y))

Back