Particually nasty bit of spyware - Help needed please

Currently reading:
Particually nasty bit of spyware - Help needed please

Hi all, I seem to have picked up a particually nasty bit of spyware, it keeps plugging a program called spyware strike 2.5, keeps popping up 'your computer is infected' and then runs a fake program that tells me I have X amount of threats and have to buy the full version to remove them.

I've tried ad-aware and spybot S&D to no avail, worth running an AVG scan on the lot in case its a bit more integral?

Any help greatly appreciated

Sounds exactly like WinFixer, which can be a real PITA to get rid of :(

chaos said:
Sounds exactly like WinFixer, which can be a real PITA to get rid of :(

Was apparently a clone of Spyaxe, but I beat it!

In fact after 3 hours of trying please excuse the following.

I beat the f*****!!I beat the f*****!!I beat the f*****!!I beat the f*****!!I beat the f*****!!I beat the f*****!!I beat the f*****!!I beat the f*****!!I beat the f*****!!I beat the f*****!!I beat the f*****!!I beat the f*****!!I beat the f*****!!I beat the f*****!!I beat the f*****!!I beat the f*****!!I beat the f*****!!I beat the f*****!!I beat the f*****!!I beat the f*****!!I beat the f*****!!I beat the f*****!!I beat the f*****!!I beat the f*****!!I beat the f*****!!I beat the f*****!!I beat the f*****!!I beat the f*****!!I beat the f*****!!I beat the f*****!!I beat the f*****!!I beat the f*****!!I beat the f*****!!I beat the f*****!!I beat the f*****!!I beat the f*****!!I beat the f*****!!I beat the f*****!!I beat the f*****!!I beat the f*****!!I beat the f*****!!I beat the f*****!!I beat the f*****!!I beat the f*****!!I beat the f*****!!I beat the f*****!!I beat the f*****!!

Damn that feels good

Great advice on (insert plug here)

www.bleepingComputer.com

Back