Technical Part number please

Currently reading:
Technical Part number please

Popitinpete

Jock could I ask you for some help, and you daveMct if you read this or Indeed anybody.
Finally sorted out my erratic idle/poor economy/ surging under load and hesitation.
No EML on and no codes stored, cleaning out the inlet manifold of oil and cleaning the MAP sensor helped and replacing the split breather hose on the rocker box helped a little but I've actually found the root cause.
Between the alloy throttle body and where the plastic manifold join together there is a bright green 'O' ring / gasket / seal.

Mine has lost its squashability and now actually sits below the level of the trench it sits in, the alloy throttle body and plastic manifold don't provide a perfect seal without the green seal providing the actual seal.

Shop 4 parts don't list it but could you have a look on your electronic 'microfiche' please and try to get the part number please.

I've temporarily used soft blue hylomar to eliminate the leak and the car now runs absolutely fine, obvs this is just an elimination process but I want to put a new seal on. Its the one in the image below circled in yellow

2009 1.1 169.active eco.

Thanks in advance
IMG_20220206_143539.jpg

Last edited:
I've done a fair bit of research and cannot find anywhere where you can buy that individual gasket. It seems that you'll need to buy the whole lot. The part number for the lot is 71716684

Throw that number into google and you'll find a number of retailers selling what you need. I have attached a link below to a trustworthy store. Hope this helps :)

I've done a fair bit of research and cannot find anywhere where you can buy that individual gasket. It seems that you'll need to buy the whole lot. The part number for the lot is 71716684

Throw that number into google and you'll find a number of retailers selling what you need. I have attached a link below to a trustworthy store. Hope this helps :)

Thanks for that. I couldn't find it either. I'd be tempted to try a little automotive silicon sealant with the existing seal?

Loctite 518 anaerobic is my favourite gasket replacer. It does not go hard in the tube (like silicone) and can fill gaps up to 0.5mm. It even worked on a brake banjo fitting that refused to seal. It works as a sealant for paper gaskets or even as a total replacer for such as gearbox covers. It's less fussy than other sealants and won't shed lumps like silicone can when you get too enthusiastic.

One of these lasted me at least 15 years though it sat on the shelf for most of that time. (Reminder to me - get some more).

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I am confused
the description is for the throttle body gasket
but the picture is an inlet manifold gasket
my mistake. I dont remember them being that egg shaped last time I took a body off

Last edited:

That's brilliant, thank you so much for your time and expertise 👍🏼

Thanks for that. I couldn't find it either. I'd be tempted to try a little automotive silicon sealant with the existing seal?
Thanks, yes that's what I did today with some blue hylomar, cured the leak but would like to put a new one on. Thank for looking for me 👍🏼

Loctite 518 anaerobic is my favourite gasket replacer. It does not go hard in the tube (like silicone) and can fill gaps up to 0.5mm. It even worked on a brake banjo fitting that refused to seal. It works as a sealant for paper gaskets or even as a total replacer for such as gearbox covers. It's less fussy than other sealants and won't shed lumps like silicone can when you get too enthusiastic.

One of these lasted me at least 15 years though it sat on the shelf for most of that time. (Reminder to me - get some more).
Thank you so much for your help, much appreciated, your a gent 👍🏼

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Pictures just for the record, I was playing about trying raise the seal by putting an elastic band underneath (temporarily of course) to see if I could get away without putting sealant on it, it didn't work, must have buckled the original seal and it kept cutting out, ditched that idea and the hylomar has done a temp fix until I can get a new one, thanks again.

Attachments

• IMG_20220206_154544.jpg
    IMG_20220206_154544.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20220206_154617.jpg
    IMG_20220206_154617.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20220206_154537.jpg
    IMG_20220206_154537.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 32
Fiat only list the inlet manifold with the gaskets as a complete assembly

I think a complete kit from a 3rd party is the only economical way,

probably the same in a Ford Ka mk2 you could try a Ford dealership but don't hold out much hope of getting it separately

Last edited:
The best way is a gasket set, even if you only use one part.

Automotive silicone sealant that sets can be used. Squeeze a bead into the groove, using a nozzle that creates a bead diameter close to the original seal, so that it sits proud of the groove.
Leave it to fully set. This may take 24 hours, especially in the cold weather.
Once fully set, you've made a new o-ring.

What about O-ring material on a roll? Cut to length, superglue the ends and you have a new seal. Just make sure the joint is placed away from any of the tight curves.

The best way is a gasket set, even if you only use one part.

Automotive silicone sealant that sets can be used. Squeeze a bead into the groove, using a nozzle that creates a bead diameter close to the original seal, so that it sits proud of the groove.
Leave it to fully set. This may take 24 hours, especially in the cold weather.
Once fully set, you've made a new o-ring.
Yes I've got a complete inlet gasket kit coming via flea Bay, new old stock for £3.50 which is a result.

I did the automotive silicone thing yesterday but did belt and braces with the old seal in as well, it's only temporarily, I won't leave it like that, new seal goes in when it's here, leaving it like it is now will for me only be considered a 'temporary measure'.

Its a five minute job so no hassle.

Thanks for your contribution 👍🏼

What about O-ring material on a roll? Cut to length, superglue the ends and you have a new seal. Just make sure the joint is placed away from any of the tight curves.
Yes I've done that recently on my motorcycle, worked a treat, the bits I have left are not the correct diameter unfortunately.

Im sure I have some thicker diameter stuff from the dark and distant past somewhere but it's in a box somewhere in storage as I'm' in between' houses at the minute (long story) and sods law I can't find it despite searching for it yesterday at my storage place for an hour

I may well source out some of the correct diameter and keep as spare.

Thanks for your support 👍🏼

My brother used to live in Italy where he used a Fiat Uno. The fuel consumption and starting had become a problem so he took the carburettor apart and realised he needed new parts. So off he went to the Fiat parts counter with a list. The guy listened attentively but didn't make any notes. Then he says - that will cost you about L128.000 Lira (£80 Sterling) if I can find everything. But I suspect L48,000 (£30) will suit you better and picked up a brand new carburettor complete with gaskets etc. How times have changed.

My brother used to live in Italy where he used a Fiat Uno. The fuel consumption and starting had become a problem so he took the carburettor apart and realised he needed new parts. So off he went to the Fiat parts counter with a list. The guy listened attentively but didn't make any notes. Then he says - that will cost you about L128.000 Lira (£80 Sterling) if I can find everything. But I suspect L48,000 (£30) will suit you better and picked up a brand new carburettor complete with gaskets etc. How times have changed.
The good old days when you could actually talk to someone who was willing to help. Seriously lacking these days.
Mind you I still remember the day I stopped bending over backwards to help customers when I was in the dealership, give them an inch and they will take a million miles, two cases actually, helping out with sob stories only to have the urine extracted with disastrous results. Never again.

The good old days when you could actually talk to someone who was willing to help. Seriously lacking these days.
Mind you I still remember the day I stopped bending over backwards to help customers when I was in the dealership, give them an inch and they will take a million miles, two cases actually, helping out with sob stories only to have the urine extracted with disastrous results. Never again.
The thing I hated most was when a customer had a list, but would not let you see it. So you had to look p one part at a time, traipse the length of the warehouse and back, then look up the next. Let us have the whole list in one go, one walk, much quicker. We used to increase the prices for those people, adding an extra percentage point for every trip.

The thing I hated most was when a customer had a list, but would not let you see it. So you had to look p one part at a time, traipse the length of the warehouse and back, then look up the next. Let us have the whole list in one go, one walk, much quicker. We used to increase the prices for those people, adding an extra percentage point for every trip.
Anyone who's ever worked behind a parts counter will relate to this

Back