Technical Part no. Help! Plastic handbrake cover

Currently reading:
Technical Part no. Help! Plastic handbrake cover

VinylHogger

Hi all, I'm looking to get a replacement part and don't know what it's called or the psrt no. It's the plastic shutter type thingy that goes under the handbrake handle.

Sorry for my crappy description but hopefully the attached pic will make sense!

Also please excuse the mess, my car is being valet'd as I write this (honest!).

Cheers :)

Attachments

• 1404041807340.jpg
    1404041807340.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 131
U can buy the whole unit on ebay but its about 30 quid or u can make something ,there. Was someone one here a while ago cut up the hard front of a folder and put a carbon fibre sticker on it ,looked good

Sorry but it's not obvious to me or I wouldn't be asking for help on a forum. Unfortunately I dont have the original piece in which to use as a template.

It got damaged when I pit the handrake on one day so it has been binned. Didn't think at that stage that I would have to make my own replacement :(

Sorry but it's not obvious to me or I wouldn't be asking for help on a forum. Unfortunately I dont have the original piece in which to use as a template.

It got damaged when I pit the handrake on one day so it has been binned. Didn't think at that stage that I would have to make my own replacement :(
I weren't saying it should be obvious to you buddy, just that it's obvious to me to do It like that. So I told you how to do it. I was trying to help. The fact you've lost/binned the part now poses a different problem obviously. How close is your local fiat garage maybe you could give them a call?

I weren't saying it should be obvious to you buddy, just that it's obvious to me to do It like that. So I told you how to do it. I was trying to help. The fact you've lost/binned the part now poses a different problem obviously. How close is your local fiat garage maybe you could give them a call?

No worries appreciate the help (y)

I'd be all for making my own but does anyone know where I can find a rough guide. Absolutely no clue what to put in my search criteria on the forum.

Thanks!

Hanbrake plastic fiat forum on google ,takes u to the threads ,i tried to copy it but i dont know how?

Hanbrake plastic fiat forum on google ,takes u to the threads ,i tried to copy it but i dont know how?

Thanks I found the thread which is here:

https://www.fiatforum.com/bravo/311374-handbrake-plastic.html

Still not that much the wiser. Looks like I'll have to make my own out of something but I don't have the original piece to use as a template.

FFS looks like I'm buggered unless I buy the whole centre console but. THe gap is annoying and could easliy drop something down there and have to tear the car apart to get it. :(

Annoying!

Thanks I found the thread which is here:

https://www.fiatforum.com/bravo/311374-handbrake-plastic.html

Still not that much the wiser. Looks like I'll have to make my own out of something but I don't have the original piece to use as a template.

FFS looks like I'm buggered unless I buy the whole centre console but. THe gap is annoying and could easliy drop something down there and have to tear the car apart to get it. :(

Annoying!

Is there no FF members near you who could remove theres for u to take a template ,if no , i cud remove mine and draw a template with measurements attached and post photo if it helps buddy

That's really good of you to offer mate but I don't wanna cause you any hassle!

I'll just role with it for now I guess! Thanks for all the help guys!

Here ya go fella ,the whole piece measurement on left ,and the measurement for the hole on the right,hope it makes sense ,and hope it helps

Attachments

• 1404396203435.jpg
    1404396203435.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 265
Absolute legend mate thank you!

Just need to find some decent material. Something like the outside of a lever arch file do?

Absolute legend mate thank you!

Just need to find some decent material. Something like the outside of a lever arch file do?

Yeah something like that mate ,let me know what you use ,cause i have to make one myself

Hi all, I'm looking to get a replacement part and don't know what it's called or the psrt no. It's the plastic shutter type thingy that goes under the handbrake handle.

Sorry for my crappy description but hopefully the attached pic will make sense!

Also please excuse the mess, my car is being valet'd as I write this (honest!).

Cheers :)

Dude as far as I am aware it's called a gaiter

Dude as far as I am aware it's called a gaiter
Yup a handbrake Gaitor.

I think you will need something a little more flexible than the folder card. I'm not sure what though, maybe a couple of layers of acrylic sheet. You can buy those plastic folders with the clips on in the funky colours. Just get one of them. Cut a few layers out. Glue and wrap in carbon fibre or such material.

Back