General Parking sensors not working and towbar 'ramblings'

Currently reading:
General Parking sensors not working and towbar 'ramblings'

Had a visit to the dealer today. They say the parking sensor ECU is faulty, and are ordering a new one under warranty. I also got them to enable the A/V sockets - so I have the extra icon in the menu now.

As I've been having the alarm going off for no apparent reason (I've seen this mentioned in other posts) I got them to disable the siren - everone ignores them nowadays anyway and I'm sure my neighbours will appreciate the extra sleep.

The ripped-off sunblinds aren't covered by the warranty (no surprise there).

They are going to get me a 12V socket for the third-row seats - I too had the blanking plug there. It seems really strange when the wiring and connector are actually fitted into it - it can only cost pennies more for the socket itself!

Finally on the towbar front (I think Stu's addition of "ramblings" was quite apt) I have now given up on Fiat for the wiring kit - they won't sell me the kit unless I buy their towbar as well. Westfalia only seem to have one UK distributor in Northern Ireland, but I stumbled on another supplier who really knows his stuff, and I ordered a kit from him. He says it will disable the parking sensors when towing, and if a trailer bulb fails it will flash the indicator "pod" lamp at double speed (instead of the usual buzzer system). The website is www.rightconnections.co.uk for reference - once I've fitted it I'll post an update.
Martin

As Poggy said,bad for washer pipe leaking.Just above parking sensor control box is a right angled connector this comes adrift(your rear washer will still work but weakly)and pours water into the control box.Unfortunally everything on the NAV network is affected such as airbag/abs/radio etc etc so expect a few warning lights to come on & off again.

martinw said:
The ripped-off sunblinds aren't covered by the warranty (no surprise there).
Strange, one of ours got ripped last year, when the door was opened and it got caught. It was replaced under warranty, no questions asked.

Back