General Panday 5! Mission: Yorkshire 7th & 8th September

Currently reading:
General Panday 5! Mission: Yorkshire 7th & 8th September

Excellent well it'll probably be about 40 mins as it'll take a good 15-20 to get out of the town the one way system is a wee-take. You'll be heading for Ripon it's a proper driving road :)

Will bear that in mind about the one way system, looks like a good road on the map, shame I'll be in a Land Rover:rolleyes:

Yes it's amazing the places that Pandas can go due to their lack of weight. The day out I have planned will not test the 4x4s it's just a nice drive along some lanes, but at the end of the day we'll be going to an undisclosed location for some proper action which be a right laugh :D

AndyPanda4x4 - asking on here as it may be useful for others too, but do you have any tips for cheaper petrol if the village one is expensive? I'm hoping to get up there on one tank (may be optimistic! :rolleyes: ) in which case I'll be looking for fuel by the time I'm there!

Any supermarket petrol stations nearby?

:worship:

PetrolPrices.com says 1.38 a litre is cheapest you'll get in the sticks with quite a detour to Ripon.

Better not fret too much about it though as 1.34 is York supermarkets best price at the moment,

I pay 1.36 at my end of the road filling station.

Detour to York to fill up on your way up perhaps? Tesco is on the York outer ring road A1237. Dont use BP though as it stands for Big Prices round here!

Last edited:
PetrolPrices.com says 1.38 a litre is cheapest you'll get in the sticks with quite a detour to Ripon.

Better not fret too much about it though as 1.34 is York supermarkets best price at the moment,

I pay 1.36 at my end of the road filling station.

Detour to York to fill up on your way up perhaps? Tesco is on the York outer ring road A1237. Dont use BP though as it stands for Big Prices round here!

Thanks John. I'm paying 1.379 here anyway unless I do a 20 mile trip to save 3ppl (so obviously I don't unless I'm passing).

Did get a mega bargain a few weeks ago at Tesco - if you spent £15 on cat food you got a 5p voucher. Worked out if I bought a leaning tower of catfood (have to watch it when I open the cupboard :bang: ) I could use 4 of them at once. Filled up the Coupe from 1/4 to full for £76 :eek: and got it for £65 still a bit :eek: but not as bad - sadly they only did that for a week, and anyway the cats will take a couple of months to munch through it!! :)

As John says the cheapest is Ripon or Harrogate, if you come off the A1 earlier onto the York - Harrogate road you can get it on the way through, if you're using satnav it's an easy drive from Harrogate to us.

Prices in our village station are £1.42 petrol and £1.46 diesel :eek:

Back