General Pandas starting to appear!

Currently reading:
General Pandas starting to appear!

4x4Panda

Established member
Today i saw four new shape Pandas and even parked next to one!!!! From being almost non-existent round here (between Andover and Salisbury), they are appearing at last, along with the obligatory 500s (at least twice, maybe three times as many) and the odd 500L. :):)

The sliding seats and fold down passenger seat came into their own today to transport a rotator home from the local garden centre. (y)

Also, I'm finding that I actually really like the new large 500 range - they are genuinely nice looking cars.

That's good to hear.

Westover Salisbury are a pretty decent dealer and I think they do brisk business, so I guess that's where some of the Pandas hail from.

I'm south of Salisbury and head into the city fairly frequently.

When we got the 500 I was surprised as to how many other ones I noticed, but then again you start noticing them more if you have one yourself.

I do notice the odd 2012+ Panda including a green 4x4 in the Forest.

What I love about our 4x4 is that you don't feel guilty about driving it because it doesn't guzzle fuel like my last one did, it is narrow which means I can negotiate the narrow lanes, yet I'm still highish up, and when I get to the city I can slip into a parking space.

Oh, and I can go through the still flooded lanes and not have a high risk of shredding the tyres on seen and unseen potholes.

It's a shame that my wife has returned from abroad to reclaim her car. :p

Last edited:
There are 4 on the IoW (my orange one, the green & white ex-demo ones and a dark blue one they had in the showroom for a while) I doubt there will ever be any more, or indeed many other new Fiats on the island now that the dealer has had a falling out with them and is now flogging Vauxhall instead (yuk)......still at least they retain servicing and spares.....

I'm on my way!
I'm defecting from the other Panda forum as the Mrs's 1.2 Lounge is ready to collect this friday.

The new Panda has been delivered to the dealers.
It's awaiting PID.
We crept in for a piccy before we get our grubby mitts on it.

I'm even considering a 4x4 Antarctica for myself, but I'd need a towbar to pull a small trailer every now and then, plus them Penguins will have to stay in the Antarctic!

Yes, they've even started to appear in deepest Devon. I followed an identical green 4x4 TA in Okehampton the other day and also saw one while I was walking on Dartmoor on Saturday morning.

yesterday on th way to work I passed a white 4x4 going the other way, and about 30 seconds later another white 4x4 following the 1st one.

Today in nearly the same place, a metallic red 4x4! Looked nice in red, and I started tothink white is getting a little too common for my liking now :eek:

I still haven't seen a 4x4 or trekking anywhere, although I am seeing more lounge spec models now. Coventry folk clearly like equipment but not off road ability.

WE have :D

panda maint dec 13 194.jpg

Midlands Italia.. on a road near you ;)

I'm on my way!
I'm defecting from the other Panda forum as the Mrs's 1.2 Lounge is ready to collect this friday.

I'm even considering a 4x4 Antarctica for myself, but I'd need a towbar to pull a small trailer every now and then, plus them Penguins will have to stay in the Antarctic!

Well, it's done, my Antarctica Twinair (minus a couple of door lodgers) will be ready next Saturday.
Great deal, got £1750 off with some preferential NHS offer.
So that'll be two new Pandas in the space of 8 days!

Last edited:
The Mrs is hopping mad!
I went to another dealer for the Antarctica than the one we bought the Lounge from as they didn't have any Twinairs or 4x4's in the first one to test drive.

I got the NHS discount at the second dealer and she didn't (though to be fair we never knew at the time), yet we both work for the NHS.

I also got the only "option" on the Antarctica thrown it, the leather wheel and gear gaiter and bartered a set of mats, so I'm up £1902 on the deal.

If anyone wants an Antarctica, there's a brand spanker sat on the lot at FJ Chalks in Wincanton - they do good deals too!

No, there's no TomTom slot on our Antarctica.

What I am disappointed about is that it doesn't have the leather wheel.

All that said it is such a good vehicle for so many different reasons.

Back