General Panda to Istanbul - Follow the Trip Here!

Currently reading:
General Panda to Istanbul - Follow the Trip Here!

I missed this one earlier.

"Quaglio Marco, Steward on the Orient Express poses for Gina on board".

DSC01069.jpg

Serbia.

DSC01092.jpg

What are they doing in Serbia!?

Serbia? Trying to get out of serbia mainly! Alan and Rob relyed to much on the technology and took us on a day detour round the former war torn yugoslavan state just for the fun of it...
Then the first border was closed and we'd to do a huge reroute and the train is miles ahead!

Serbia? Trying to get out of serbia mainly! Alan and Rob relyed to much on the technology and took us on a day detour round the former war torn yugoslavan state just for the fun of it...
Then the first border was closed and we'd to do a huge reroute and the train is miles ahead!

DSC01160.jpg

We're in Timrasue (or something like that) in romania and the cars are under the watchful eye of fred and a guard from the hotel... (pic in blog) Have had the offer of two donkeys and a tractor for Sylvia but i declined. Then got the same offer for gina... We may be down a crew member by Istanbul!
Up early tomorrow and the pandas will tackle the run across the country. Will up date as we go along. Jim

We're in Timrasue (or something like that) in romania and the cars are under the watchful eye of fred and a guard from the hotel... (pic in blog)

DSC01163.jpg

Have had the offer of two donkeys and a tractor for Sylvia but i declined. Then got the same offer for gina... We may be down a crew member by Istanbul!
Up early tomorrow and the pandas will tackle the run across the country. Will up date as we go along. Jim

DSC01169.jpg

Romania looks a lot like serbia really...

DSC01176.jpg

It's rough as a badgers arse there! 300 miles to go to catch the train and Jim's hoping that Stu's welding of the exhaust will hold... (Ye of little faith Jim;) )

DSC01192.jpg

The rich westeners with thier flash cars turn the heads of the locals

DSC01216.jpg

DSC01213.jpg

beautiful views but they are taking a pounding on these roads...

DSC01210.jpg

DSC01203.jpg

Keep safe all of you, Alan who nicked yer spot lamps:cry:

@ allen fletchter:

What do i see ? The spot lamps re-appeared after the serbian border :eek:
(in the picture under the bridge)

@ the team :

we received a small report about meeting our polish members:

Sutjeska said:
We were, we met english team and went to Budapest, beautiful city. English team was about two hours late at hungarian border and speeded to Budapest to catch the train. We were slightly slower becouse of Pink 750 which gave 120 km/h max, but we caught them before Budapest, then lost in the city centre. Last time we saw them on a street behind Nyugati station.
Then we saw the arrival of Orient Express, later went to the city to do some sightseeing. We were in Old Town, saw beautiful panorame of the city from the Danube bank and went to the Citadel on Gellert Hill to see Budapest at night. It's fantastic!
After the night on a campsite we continued sightseeing, went to the "Paper Castle" and the park surrounding it. Unfortunately, there were "Halfmarathon" there and we had problems with finding a parking place, but finally we succeeded. Then we went to the ZOO and in the end to the synagogue, which is the biggest in Europe.
We left Budapest at 14.30 and at 21.00 entered Poland.
There were six Panda freaks with families and friends (total 12 people) in five cars from Poland, three from Warsaw and two from Rybnik in Silesia region. Warsaw cars made 1860 kilometres, Silesian about 1100. Crazy weekend :-D

Zbig-Sutjeska

What happend inbetween ??? Did you catch the train now ???

http://www.iphpbb.com/board/viewtopic.php?nxu=61878317nx45018&p=11853#11853

Regards Tom / Panda_Jagd

@ Polish Panda Crew - So sorry we got split up from you. You made such an effort to come see us and we got so little time together!

We're still behind the train but it's stops for the night so we'll catch up soon. Just stopping off for food and then on the road again.
Jim

Just stopping off for food and then on the road again.Jim

On the road again
Just can't wait to get on the road again
The life I love is makin' music with my friends
And I can't wait to get on the road again
On the road again
Goin' places that I've never been
Seein' things that I may never see again,
And I can't wait to get on the road again.

On the road again
Like a band of gypsies we go down the highway
We're the best of friends
Insisting that the world be turnin' our way
And our way
Is on the road again

On the road again
Insisting that the world be turnin' our way
And our way
Is on the road again

:p

On the road again

All i can say is don't turn your back on the littlest Hobo if he's associating with Gypo's

actually thinking about it... I might have got my lift music mixed up.

Last edited:
Oh stop pis s ing about.... Dear god, we've just bought romania to get over some corrupt border into bulgaria! Bast-ards!!! Better phone the husband and tell him to remortgage to house (again!)
Jim

Yes thanks for that Steve. I got a bollocking from Jim about 3 hours ago because of nothing on the site and have spent the last 2 and a half hours using the photos and guessing because ther'es not much explanation with the photos. Only to discover you've just did it to.:bang:

Back