General Panda to Istanbul - Follow the Trip Here!

Currently reading:
General Panda to Istanbul - Follow the Trip Here!

No, it's a bit weirder than that... Will know more when rob investagates. 1250 miles across 6 countries in 20 hours! Just about to get the plane back to belfast now and totally amazed by it all! Btw, big thanks to rob and sarah for the lift to the airport and the tlc for Sylvia!
Jim

Sounds like you guys & gals have had a great time with it!!!

although I know what you mean about the romainian & bulgarian border. they stung us for (originally £500/E350) after 3-4hours of us kicking up a fuss and compleltly blocking up their border exit they let us off (two cars) with 2x $5 bills and 10-12$ worth of $1 bills. bit of a difference hey :cool:
I was hoping since they're now all EU it would have changed, but from what you have experiance obviously not!

And only three pandas did it? what happend to the 4th one? similar thing again happened to us last year, my suppoosed 'co driver' firstly was a complete drunken ahole. then refused to go anyfurther than romainia (he got scared, and didnt like the fact the rest of the world isn't one 24hr party (n) ).

Hope all the cars in question made it home OK WITH all their respective contents and fog light arrays (y) :D

oh, did you rummage thru all the bazaars in istanbul? near the uni district? some great stuff/atomsphere up there

oh, did you rummage thru all the bazaars in istanbul? near the uni district? some great stuff/atomsphere up there

Na, we didn't have time. We just drove through them :)

DSC01342.JPG

you should go back, on a sleazyjet flight instead, driving in istanbul ain't the easiest (not the worst either, but certainly wouldn't take a car there worth more than £20).

theres plenty to see there, and go north a bit to the black sea coast is quite something.

anybody get any speeding tickets? in romania 70kph over the limit = 9euro's, we never paid as we weren't asked at the border :cool:

Back