Panda (Classic) Panda SKY [K483 UJO]

Currently reading:
Panda (Classic) Panda SKY [K483 UJO]

I go away for a few weeks and you buy another one :eek: (y)
Looks like a nice buy for the price and super rare! Don't forget the old saying
" once you've had twin sunnies there's no going back" :D
Don't forget the old saying "your collection isn't complete until you've had a Selecta......a mk1.......a late LHD......a 903......a 750....":devil:

I can't see myself owning a mk1 or any engine less than 999cc, been there done that ;)

Selecta's are great, I really liked driving Bo down to Vernon's and certainly would love to have one - 1108cc one though.

Once the fleet is all together though I will have some tough decisions to make or I will be finding a barn to store them all in (y)

Ok then, train ticket bought, taxi booked, shiny wheel bearing collected and excitement mounting!

Plan is train to Sheffield to collect Sky, drive to Long Eaton to pick up a mystery fiat panda accessorie I bought last week ;), drive to Dragon Man for the said bearing to be fitted then home ( with a few bits of BEX in the boot!).

I don't know how much booty the boot will take as sky's lowered and on bigger rims and tyres than standard, I've been told by the vendor that they rub with passengers.

Those rims are just after market no brand though they look nice I've plenty of others to choose from and may even go stock steelies and hub caps. Pity I can't take a set of wheels on the train, though I've decided to take Lucy as my travelling companion as I've no idea when I'll get back home to feed and walk her so she may as well have a day out too :)

Last edited:
hmm well i have the new discs and pads from fallout, though i have fit the pads to the callipers, i could take them out again and stick them on Sky...

i'd have to order more for fallout though.

and to be fair, cos i will have stripped it down to the bearing, it will be really easy to undo it all in the future.

nothing worse that bolts that have not been undone for +10 years....

Talon is a dream to work on because of this. soon as you crack a nut, it can be undone using your fingers. makes replacing bits a real quick job

Last edited:
That would be good if you don't mind and they need doing, I will ask about discs with the vendor and if they haven't been done you may have just talked yourself into a bit more work!

Is it an omen that on collection day of a twin sunnie car I've been woken up by the sound of thunderstorms and the dog going mental :eek:

That would be good if you don't mind and they need doing, I will ask about discs with the vendor and if they haven't been done you may have just talked yourself into a bit more work!

Is it an omen that on collection day of a twin sunnie car I've been woken up by the sound of thunderstorms and the dog going mental :eek:

Just one word John, which is nothing to do with twin sunnies.......

"CUJO"

;)

Sounds like an old horror movie opening scene the way you described it (thunder & lightning, evil dog howls) but it will be fine & Lucy isn't exactly ready for a part in the hound of the Baskerville's. Hope the collection goes well & the car's ok. (y)

Just getting up ready to sort the car out for the Alton show - VmanC I didn't realise there was a 5 to 5 (crackerjack!) in the morning, even though scout assured me there was...... :sleep:

Just one word John, which is nothing to do with twin sunnies.......

"CUJO"

;)

Sounds like an old horror movie opening scene the way you described it (thunder & lightning, evil dog howls) but it will be fine & Lucy isn't exactly ready for a part in the hound of the Baskerville's. Hope the collection goes well & the car's ok. (y)

Just getting up ready to sort the car out for the Alton show - VmanC I didn't realise there was a 5 to 5 (crackerjack!) in the morning, even though scout assured me there was...... :sleep:

See. Wasn't lying :p

wheel bearing replacement went well, found the bottom ball joint was totally shot so replaced that too and welded up the exhaust.. more better than it was. it had snapped almost all the way around!

brakes looks to be not very old and in fantastic condition... thankfully my new brakes are safe :D

had a good look at the shiny red lowering springs too.. nice..

yeah in the back is the mystery item John collected before coming to me. 2 panda doors, a bench seat and 2 front seats! impressive what you can fit in a panda!

think you should stick up a members motors thread John, Sky needs one ;)

ill just leave these here though till one is opened...

Attachments

• 2014-07-20 19.43.02.jpg
    2014-07-20 19.43.02.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 34
  • 2014-07-20 19.43.22.jpg
    2014-07-20 19.43.22.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 29
  • 2014-07-20 19.43.37.jpg
    2014-07-20 19.43.37.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 31
  • 2014-07-20 19.43.44.jpg
    2014-07-20 19.43.44.jpg