Technical Panda Service

Currently reading:
Technical Panda Service

cowimars

My 1.1 Active Panda is nearing 1 year old. It has only done 4000 miles. Is it worth getting the car serviced - i know that the recomendations are every 12 months or 12,000 miles. It seems awaste of money on a car with so little mileage.

My 1.1 Active Panda is nearing 1 year old. It has only done 4000 miles. Is it worth getting the car serviced - i know that the recomendations are every 12 months or 12,000 miles. It seems awaste of money on a car with so little mileage.

Just an oil change will do.

Go to a back street VAT registered garage and £50 should see you right. Don't forget to get the book stamped (y)

It must be serviced in accordance to the service book or youe warranty will be void, it is a bit more than an oil change, and they noticed my exhaust flexy hose needed replacing when they did mine.

Just phone around, I got my service done at a FIAT main dealer for £120, and it had 3300 on the clock at the time.

It must be serviced in accordance to the service book or youe warranty will be void, it is a bit more than an oil change, and they noticed my exhaust flexy hose needed replacing when they did mine.

Just phone around, I got my service done at a FIAT main dealer for £120, and it had 3300 on the clock at the time.

If it's nearly new and it's due its 1st service then , ask a local FIAT dealer for an "annual" service.. rather than the 6k mile one,
should be @£80 from memory.. ,
and the dealer should pick up on any warranty issues.. whereas a back street indy would not..,

I would NOT miss the service as it's a golden opportunity to get rid of all the crud in the oil from running in,

also £80 is a cheap way of discovering wether you trust said garage to do your major servicing as the miles rack up,
Charlie

.....It seems awaste of money on a car with so little mileage.
One point everyone missed, on a low annual mileage it's vitally important to at least get the oil/filter changed annually - condensation doesn't get burned off properly simply because the engine isn't run enough. Our Dynamic has just had it's fourth "service" and second MOT and is still only on 27k some odd miles. Won't be missing next year's either - if we still have the thing that is...Until you're clear of the third year, don't think service, think warranty.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice folks - pandsa now booked in for service. Bravo going in for interim service (27K) at same time. Hope all goes well with both an i have no woes to report.

Glad i got the panda serviced - garage found oil leak from gearbox - see my other ongoing thread.

Bravo needed new brake pads - so not too bad.

If the Bravo had also shown any problems, you would have had me saying goodbye to Fiat forever.

Back