Tuning Panda Possible swap?

Currently reading:
Tuning Panda Possible swap?

Zwyczajny

Hello, i'm new owner of Panda 169 - 1.1 8V Mpi and i'm verry happy, but sometimes need to more power on autobahn.
I found this message about possible swap in Seicento, but can i use some of this engine in my Panda with Can?

"In this thread, I will try to describe all the interesting aspects regarding the motor spacer and modifications.

choice of engines and cars from which they come
1.2 8V SPI - 60KM (punto I, Lancia Y)
1.2 8V MPI - 60KM (with Punto II, Lancia Y)
1.2 8V MPI - 73KM (Punto I, Palio)
1.2 16V - 86KM (with PuntoI, Lancia Y)
1.2 16V - 80KM (with Punto II, Lancia Y, Albei etc.)
1.2 16V - something about 82KM (it was in Bravo (a))

At the beginning, short information about the engine spacer from 1.1 spi to 1.2 8v MPI 73KM.

What you will need:
- complete engine with injection rail and intake manifold (exhaust manifold fits from 1.1, can be used as a temporary solution in the absence of $$)

- fuel pump from MPI, because from SPI it is weaker, but rather it should not be from 1.1 mpi or p2 because these have no return, unless we have a rail with no return then we must have such a pump
- the end of the fuel line, because in the MPI rail the cable is screwed on and in the SPI it is pressed
- a fragment of the wiring harness from MPI, namely four cables for the injectors
- computer from 1.2 MPI
- air filter dome from 900 or Palio 1.2, or any other construction with a conical filter, because the standard filter can from 1.1 will not fit under the hood due to the higher engine

What fits from 1.1:

- starter
- alternator (depending on the phonic colic, you have to give the alto pads (and grind the paw) or not)
- clutch complete
- gearbox (C514), polos
- rubber hoses and cooling system from 1.1

1.2 16v with p1
as above only there should be a whole bunch of this engine (because different sensors are arranged differently) but you can modify the one from 1.1, the air filter dome is not required because there is a completely different collector ... serial 1.1 cable to the tank can be rubbed between the head and the front belt because the 16v has a wider head) with the lower radiator tube from p1 (means you need to make a small mix) and give an expansion tank with 900, of course, the complete clutch must be with 16v because it is larger and tougher and the exhaust manifold also with 16v because it does not fit into the injector rail, fuel line connectors with 1.1 mpi quickly fit

As for CCS, the lap does not need to be changed,
with 900/700 engines you have to change the lugs to 1.1 cento, except for the front lap of the box because this one must be from ccs
When it comes to the SC, sometimes you need to change the front handle at the box to a steel, aluminum or CCS depending on what kind of box we have, it is best to buy this handle when we have the box in our hands. From 700/900 to 1.1 / 1.2 only the bottom / rear cushion of the chest fits, in the sc you should change this cushion to the cc because it is stronger, additional all cushions should be covered with glue for windshields to stiffen them so that the engine does not fly around the entire chamber

700/900 carburetor
you need to change the fuel tank for this one, + pump with mpi, you need to lead new cables to the fuel pump (together with the inertial pump switch) and if you want, you also need to provide a cable for the rotary switch, the radiator can be from 900, the equalizing tank and tubes for cooler, depending on whether to 8v or do16v but I wrote about it earlier. The ecu stand is also needed, the electric harness is released from the cassette connecting the engine harness with the rest of the car and we connect it to the harness of the new engine, you also need a gear shift (along with cables) with sc 1.1 with pulled up reverse

900spi
as above beside the fuel tank and the cable to the pump

1.1 mpi to 1.2 mpi 8v
you can leave the serial electronics + reprogramming or change the electronics to 1.2 75km ...

1.2 16v with punto 2
it is best to provide the intake manifold with all electronics with punto 1 or play with the installation of electronic gas and all complicated electronics ... if you install such an engine up to 1.1, you can install the suction manifold with p1, staying at the 1.1 mpi electronics + reprogramming the ecu ""

anything is possible with enough time and money

But in my opinion if you want more power, the most economic route is normally start with more power, then the cooling, brakes, suspension documents and insurance all match.

It's hardly worth the bother on a Panda and you will hit insurance issues. Check that with a broker before going ahead. DO NOT ASK YOUR INSURANCE until you need to make the change. But do not drive without telling insurance as you will be effectively uninsured.

The Multijet 1.3 has the same brakes as 1.1 and 1.2 petrols but makes 75 bhp.

The engine will run fine as long as you can use the same ECU. You need to confirm your 1.2-60 ECU will work with the larger throttle of more powerful engines.

If you go to 16 valve you could fit a tubular exhaust manifold but get a decent quality under-floor catalyst or the MOT will be entraining for the wrong reasons (emissions fail).

I understand to stay with 1.1 and eventualy when my engine die buy next panda 1.2 with IAW.
So from other side. All Fire gearbox is full compatible with that engine.
What about fit Van gearbox or 6-gear for my 1.1?

Last edited:
After some suggestions most probably i change gearbox from Diesel, or Van.

After some suggestions most probably i change gearbox from Diesel, or Van.

I am lost

we started talking about an engine swap

anyhow heres what little I know

a standard panda, 500, 100hp and some other Fiat model

share the same two gearboxes

its either 5 speed or 6 speed they are interchangeable

each model car has slightly different ratios 1.1, 1.2, diesel, 500, panda, van

they also change from year to year 1.2 2005 is not the same 1.2 2010

Its subtle and I have fitted a 1.1 into a 1.2 and when driving I can not tell the difference or see any difference in economy. 1.2 500 into 1.2 panda is also fine, thats what I have now.

however I would not attempt to fit a diesel into a petrol

They are designed for engines with power and rev ranges that are completely different

You will be driving down the motorway in 5th revving it head off

some of the low volume High performance models (arbarth) use a beafed up gearbox and different clutches. Dont know, Never tried these.

Its always an interesting discussion but TBH Pandas are best as they were built. Just avoid the 1100 as they are REALLY slow.

are you sure ?

i have had both the 1.1 on a 06 and 1.2 on a 05 here in flat Cheshire you be hard push to tell which you were driving

1.1 Fire 8V 2003 15,0 s 0-62mph

1.2 Fire 8V 2003 14,0 s 0-62mph

1.2 Fire 8V Eco 2008 . 14,0 s 0-62mph

1.2 Fire 8V 4x4 2004 20,0 s 0-62mph

With only 5 bhp difference the 0-60 times will all be similar, but I found the 1100 felt gutless compared to 1200. The later cars have a higher 5th gear which is too high for anything but level ground with no wind. You are constantly dropping to 4th to maintain speed.

My gearbox have numbers 514.513.44 but i dont really know what is my engine specs because previous owner swap engine and on body doest seen any numbers, only bottom of crankshaft cover seen some munbers.
If i not wrong my gearbox is from seicento sporting?

Attachments

• IMG20211018133223_00.jpg
    IMG20211018133223_00.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG20211018135232_00.jpg
    IMG20211018135232_00.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 31
On engine body i dont have numbers, but probably engine was manufactured in 04/2004

Attachments

• IMG20211018134530_00.jpg
    IMG20211018134530_00.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 23
Back