General Panda-Paw wave

Currently reading:
General Panda-Paw wave

james_f

Just had a thought

Do you wave to other Pandas going past?

How about a specific Panda wave? Rather than a general waving of fingers, how about a raised 'paw'? Like so...

On a RHD car, the driver would raise his left arm with the hand making a fist but facing forwards rather than in an aggressive fashion! Like the paws on those Japanese / Chinese figures if you know what I mean...

You could even make pawing actions?!!

Maybe I'll just go and have lunch, my brain is obviously starved of vital nutrients! :D

Ok I get the waving bit if you see other pandas, or a flash of your lights, (mind you I only do it to panda 100hps because normal pandas are far to common) but FFS making a paw with your hand?????? Haha that's the funniest thing I've read in a long time lmao I'm actually laughing out loud as I type

Judging by the other Panda drivers I see, there'd be a lot of frightened old ladies calling the police...

I gave up waving long ago... In just over 5 years I've only had two people wave at me...

Even with the majority of 100HP drivers, they don't make eye-contact, let alone wave. While we might be Panda enthusiasts, I fear that we are in a very small minority.

Exactly what I found. I wave at 100hp drivers mainly because I hardly ever see them (3-5 times a year probably), but not had one wave back yet.

i try to wave to other panda owners but they are always, round where i live at least, 60+ years old and driving at 23 in the 30's and 25 in the 40's and 45 on the dualies.

if i flash my lights at them to say hello i often get the finger

This morning I actually got waved at by a fellow Yellow Panda pilot who wasn't an old lady.

I was too surprised to wave back...

Personally, I only ever wave or flash my lights if I see an identical car to mine. Same colour, same car.

I think my wrist would hurt if I waved at every Panda!

Mind you, if you try waving at the Zoo Pandas, most don't wave back either. Thankfully though, you don't get the finger! :D

I got waved at buy an Identical Chrysler Voyager last week , but never tried it in the Panda, if I ever see another Rock 'n Roll blue one I'll try it!
We tried to get it going when I was in the Toyota Estima MPV club but we couldn't get 'critcal mass'. As was said above too many drivers, not enough enthusiasts.
For your info here's a list of the people who, IME, do wave.
Coach drivers, Bus drivers [but some coach drivers won't wave at bus drivers!]
Beetle owners
Motor caravanners [but not caravanners, tried it , odd looks!]]
Land-Rover owners
Bikers, nod helmet.
Recovery drivers.
Any one else know of any more?
Gareth

I got waved at buy an Identical Chrysler Voyager last week , but never tried it in the Panda, if I ever see another Rock 'n Roll blue one I'll try it!
We tried to get it going when I was in the Toyota Estima MPV club but we couldn't get 'critcal mass'. As was said above too many drivers, not enough enthusiasts.
Beetle owners
Land-Rover owners
Bikers, nod helmet.
Recovery drivers.
Gareth

Tbh mate there are hundreds of car types who flash there lights or wave, cosworth owners, 306 gti-6/rallye owners, Honda civic owners, the list is endless, but like someone said not all car owners are enthusiasts so they won't Evan batter an eye lid

Beetle owners
Land-Rover owners
Bikers, nod helmet.
Recovery drivers.
Gareth

I had MK1 MR2s for years and you'd often get headlights flashing and waving when encountering other owners.

Preferred the style of wave in my old ITR though. You would raise your hand and nod at other ITR drivers, but flashing headlights and wild gesticulating was definitely considered poor taste, so it was kind of a refined and understated acknowledgment.

I never expect a wave from your average Panda owner and I don't see enough moving 100hp's to have tried with them.

Elise owners flash lights or wave, but other Lotus variants don't necessarilly respond. Bikers usually nod acknowledgement to each other, but the bigger the bike the less likely to acknowledge a scooter.

This acknowledgement lark is a funny old game....

When I was driving my old IIA LandRover, most Landy drivers would wave to one another, either that or we were all demisting the windscreen at the same time :eek:.

I tend to nod at other motorcyclists, including scooters on occasion. The problem with nodding at other bikers is that the peak on my helmet stops me seeing if they've nodded back. I had thought about lifting my head to start with, but the peak acts like an air brake :D

i waved at a panda owner today who looked about 1000 BUT!!! they waved back YEAAAAAAA:slayer:

Back