Technical Panda headlights always on - and recall

Currently reading:
Technical Panda headlights always on - and recall

I’m not too familiar with the Panda platform, but what do you mean by the “earlier USB interface” - not familiar with this? The flashing ODO will be due to it seeing the CTM (Convergence Telematic Node) missing. Do you have MultiEcuScan to hand?

I’m not too familiar with the Panda platform, but what do you mean by the “earlier USB interface” - not familiar with this? The flashing ODO will be due to it seeing the CTM (Convergence Telematic Node) missing. Do you have MultiEcuScan to hand?
Ok, I think the earlier USB interface I referred to was the base option (no Blue &me) it plugs in directly to the head unit therefore not seen by can bus (I believe). So what I want to do in my basic understanding is to remove the”expectation “ of finding the B&M module.

I don’t have access to multiECUscan but might consider purchasing if I know I can modify the code. Thanks for your input.

Sorry, didn’t know such a thing existed, I assume it just plugs into the blue mini-ISO on the back of the stereo?

Anyway, yes if you can get MES that will remove it. I would offer but I’m down in Torquay so probably quite a distance!

Sorry, didn’t know such a thing existed, I assume it just plugs into the blue mini-ISO on the back of the stereo?

Anyway, yes if you can get MES that will remove it. I would offer but I’m down in Torquay so probably quite a distance!
This is the unit I replaced B&Me with I think the number in the eBay title was the Fiat part. I used the panel mount USB/audio socket in the space where the B&M socket was down by the hanbrake/gearstick. Yes you are right it just goes straight into the stereo. Using the AUX button on the radio allows it to play via the USB off my iPhone also allows GPS instructions. I'd like to say I miss the Bluetooth functionality but I don't!

Thanks very much for the MES offer, I'm up in Herts so yes quite a distance although that wouldn't stop me! With cars getting evermore loaded with electronics its time (overdue) for me to get some decent diagnostic kit.

1659686066488.png

1659686121042.png

Unfortunately I don’t have a 2012 to try

But most diagnostic software you can directly activate the headlight relay via software and read what the body computer thinks the headlight switch is doing

Here’s the option in WoW to toggle the relay

I am sure multiECUscan will have something similar
690C6BAF-67B1-4B83-89CE-B1F5F7F9155B.jpeg

Tried all that. DRLs manually activate using MES. Looking at parameters, the headlight stalk is reading as “Auto”. I’ve seen the stalk positions are changed via resisted earths, therefore I might try unplugging it again and using a VR to test.

Tried all that. DRLs manually activate using MES. Looking at parameters, the headlight stalk is reading as “Auto”. I’ve seen the stalk positions are changed via resisted earths, therefore I might try unplugging it again and using a VR to test.

In the actuator functions
Can you toggle the lights on and off
If you can it’s likely the body computer and forwards is okay
You should be able to activate all the lights and indicators from a laptop

Not sure Auto is right.
Needs someone with more knowledge than me but sounds to me like it’s set to use a sensor behind the rear view mirror instead of the switch.

Bumping this as just did a proxi alignment for a member (Blue & Me) and their car has the low beam on issue.
Looking at the parameters ising MultiECUscan the low beam says "AUTO". But there is no light sensor. Turning the stalk switch to ON causes the parameter to change to "ON".
So that looks like the body computer has been set to use a daylight sensor to operate the low beam but the sensor does not exist and the stalk switch does not have an auto position.... There are no adjustments in MES for the lights so you can't set "manual"
Thinking about it as I type, this could be a stalk / body computer incompatablity. The stalk only has two settings Off and On, but the BC is "seeing" the Off setting as Auto.
There WAS a recall for tha lights turning off https://www.vehicle-recall.co.uk/recall/R/2015/229
Can anyone who has the On issue check to see if the recall has carried out on their car? Itial check can be done here https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/ but you might have to give your registration number and VIN to a Fiat dealer to be sure.
Has anyone taken a Panda to a dealer with this issue?

Back