General Panda dog guard

Currently reading:
General Panda dog guard

Pilot Ralph

Just turned up (3weeks after car) not seen any photo of it on here. So if you are thinking of getting one here are some pics. ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1373965031.699383.jpgImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1373965046.967370.jpgImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1373965061.842513.jpgImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1373965075.167062.jpgImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1373965100.324175.jpg

I had a dog guard in the Mk 3 4x4 Cross. One problem was that over time it wore holes in the roof lining at the uppermost corner. It did not fix into the roof, but I suspect there was enough body flex to rub away overtime..... Might be worth looking out for the same and maybe putting a bit of tape or felt over the corner/ point of contact.....

I had a dog guard in the Mk 3 4x4 Cross. One problem was that over time it wore holes in the roof lining at the uppermost corner. It did not fix into the roof, but I suspect there was enough body flex to rub away overtime..... Might be worth looking out for the same and maybe putting a bit of tape or felt over the corner/ point of contact.....

Thanks
I've had a check and there is a good gap around the guard and body. So should be ok.

That's a clever little thing. Would be great as a bulkhead too if carrying lots of cargo with people on the back bench.

Weeks late I must admit!

However - I agree with you about it being useful if you are happy to stack up the luggage in the boot and don't mind losing the view out of the rear window.

Still think we will eventually need a roofbox, but to be honest you could easily fill up the extra space with a couple of sports holdalls, large bags etc. That could well be enough and it'd certainly be a lot cheaper and much less hassle just buying the dog guard.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but my question related to this. I am thinking of purchasing the dog guard for the panda, but wanted to know if there would be any reason that it wouldn't fit on the 4 seat slidy/fold option. It looks like it fixes to the headrests, and as the seats can fold forwards I assume that sliding the seats forward wouldn't be an issue?

I looked on the fiat accessories website and it would usually say if it doesn't fit cars with certain options fitted, but in this instance doesn't. It looks great, and very versatile with the seats being able to move still.

My pooch is struggling with height of the rear seats in the trekking, and it's awkward to lift her the door opening, so I think the boot would be more suitable. I have chosen a nice boot liner to protect all the carpet, will get some sort of liner to protect the upholstery on the underside of the boot lid, and a fitted rubber mat for Penny to have some grip :) With the seats slid forward there is ample room for my smaller than average German Shepherd.

It's around 30 quid cheaper on Amazon for the dog guard than from the fiat site.

Hey mate, have you tried looking for fiat panda dog guard at Travall?

They have a wide range of car specific dog guards, including dog guards for Fiat Panda, what is your year model and body style? Is it 2003+ Hatchback ?

Anyway, you will be able to find a specific one on their website. Just go thought the vehicle selector process and hopefully there will be one for you, although it might be a little more expensive than £30.:yum:

Hey mate, have you tried looking for fiat panda dog guard at Travall?

They have a wide range of car specific dog guards, including dog guards for Fiat Panda, what is your year model and body style? Is it 2003+ Hatchback ?

Anyway, you will be able to find a specific one on their website. Just go thought the vehicle selector process and hopefully there will be one for you, although it might be a little more expensive than £30.:yum:

I have seen those and they look bloody sturdy! The fiat one appeals though as it keeps the versatility of the boot and sliding seats (I think) without having to remove it. I don't think the sliding seats have the correct mounts to fix the travall ones to either.

Great thanks for that info. This is a great place for information tips Etc. we have placed the order, and they are going to fit it ready, so when we pick car up it'll be ready to go, although just realised I will need to fit car seat covers now too doh!
I look forward to sharing the photos. By the way I have a whippet and parson terrier who will travel in the boot, the terrier is the one who jumps over, although he cannot do it in my doblo ha! I also travel my third dog a spitz in a fabric crate on the rear seat, so the panda will be a full car.

I now have one of these dog guards on order, so will post some pics of how it works with the sliding/reclining rear seats. My guess is that it will be fine, however I will have to watch the speed that the seats fold when the released, and also reclining independently may cause an issue.

Good news for anyone with sliding rear seats and needs a dog guard, this fiat one is perfect! Absolutely no impediment on the sliding front, and the seats even recline too albeit sending the guard a little scew wiff. Fitting took me an hour due to lack of understanding the instructions straight away, but it's actually rather simple. Money well spent there! Gives me a better view out than the cheap dog guard I had before as well.

Back