Tuning Panda coilovers

Currently reading:
Tuning Panda coilovers

Dalemaltby

Look at this on eBay:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=371118297899

Seat Marbella Lancia Y10 Fiat Panda Mk1 Coilovers Suspension ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1407490858.058052.jpg

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Springs are the same diamiter so it would be a case of just swopping the top mount

For information here are the differences between panda / y10 and early Marbella suspension (right) and the later marbella suspension (left) which this pair of front dampers fit:

marbella_suspension_variants.jpg

So these will have a larger / shorter thread and no shank like pandas and y10's have.

I bought a set of these later marbella type because I didn't realise they had changed it. Probably as part of the VW'isation of SEAT :eek:

The top mount might fit but you would have to drill out the top mount hole (the central hole in the rubber bush - top right of the picture). But I think the threaded portion of the damper shaft is also not long enough to accommodate all the top mount bits which might make things more tricky.

Or you could get the shaft of the damper modified.

Or weld on the later marbella strut tower mountings.

So it's not a no for fitting to a panda or y10 but there is a bit of work needed which is important to know.

And Leda are a good suspension company; my Dad has used them in the past for springs and adjustable dampers (I think) and seemed happy with them as far as I know.

Those coilovers certainly won't fit a y10 as the steering is different compared to a Panda and Marbella. This is a photo of the Leda coilovers that I have on the Y10 race car.

The steering figment isn't that different to mine. Mine has a bolt on attachment and yours is just built into the body. It wouldn't take a lot of work to make them fit the y10 from what I've seen

The steering figment isn't that different to mine. Mine has a bolt on attachment and yours is just built into the body. It wouldn't take a lot of work to make them fit the y10 from what I've seen

They do look like y10 ones should fit pandas and vice versa but unfortunately they don't. IIRC there are a couple of people on here that have tried every possible way to make them work but without success. If the Panda ones did fit then it would make upgrades for a y10 much more straightforward.

Back