General Panda 750?

Currently reading:
General Panda 750?

I've spotted a Panda 750 locally that hasn't moved from it's owners drive for 3 months. I was toying with the idea of knocking the door and offering a few quid for it.

Are these seriously underpowered? Do they offer any benefits at all or are they just two-a-penny bangers? It seems in good nick. I reckon £25 would lift it. :)

Who owns a 750 on here?

I own a 750, and its a cracking little car. It doesnt feel underpowered at all and its nippy as hell around town, as I guess most pandas are. I have had mine at 96 mph on the motorway so they still go. If you can get it for £25 it will be a bargain.

If the engine is working right it get around, you can swap with other fire engines if it's not fast enough for you. I've swapped the 999, 1242 8V and a 1242 16V in to a panda, i actually prefer the 999 believe it or not since it has more torque down low then the other engines so it pulls better from a stand still.

If it's a red one, in dundonald, behind a yellow LDV, then it's mine, and £25 won't lift it! LOL

45000 miles from new, 2 owners, FSH, it's a cracking wee car, but thanks to our insane insurance costs it'll be sitting there for quite some time as it costs half as much to insure 2 bikes with 200 bhp between them as it does to insure a 34 bhp panda.

Oh aye, i forgot, the numberplate's worth £350 too...............

Last edited:
Bigjawa said:
If it's a red one, in dundonald, behind a yellow LDV, then it's mine, and £25 won't lift it! LOL

45000 miles from new, 2 owners, FSH, it's a cracking wee car, but thanks to our insane insurance costs it'll be sitting there for quite some time as it costs half as much to insure 2 bikes with 200 bhp between them as it does to insure a 34 bhp panda.

Oh aye, i forgot, the numberplate's worth £350 too...............

Nope, not that one. It's sitting on a wee mans drive in East Belfast and I think he's stopped driving. I used to see him on the Cregagh Road with his wife and now they are getting taxis.

Fuuny though, I do know your Panda as I pass it every day on the way home from work in Dundonald. It's on the right as you head into Ardcarn?

That's quite sad actually, I seem to know every Panda in Belfast! :)

Steve C said:
True enough. I know of eight including your 2, Bigjawas 1 and my 1.

I've 3.....

pandacover.jpg

tut tut, this lack of sleep is making you forgetfull!

Jim

Last edited:
Cars do tend to need 'bodies' to make them actual cars!

At least I can still go sit in the black one and Alan can push me up and down the drive in it! (yeah, it's what we do at the weekends for fun) :D

Jim

We should have a count, theres a white Dance, a tatty 1000 thats driven by a young lassie, a Selecta, and yesterday I saw a white one with a foreign plate.

Oh aye, and the cleanest 4x4 in the known universe seems to have disappeared from Connsbrook!

It's just that whenever any-one offers me a Panda for parts these days it's always a CLX :eek:

(in red !) :devil:

Back