General Panda 750?

Currently reading:
General Panda 750?

Steven

Go on the Fiats!
I've spotted a Panda 750 locally that hasn't moved from it's owners drive for 3 months. I was toying with the idea of knocking the door and offering a few quid for it.

Are these seriously underpowered? Do they offer any benefits at all or are they just two-a-penny bangers? It seems in good nick. I reckon £25 would lift it. :)

Who owns a 750 on here?

lloydtyphoon

I own a 750, and its a cracking little car. It doesnt feel underpowered at all and its nippy as hell around town, as I guess most pandas are. I have had mine at 96 mph on the motorway so they still go. If you can get it for £25 it will be a bargain.

smokeme

If the engine is working right it get around, you can swap with other fire engines if it's not fast enough for you. I've swapped the 999, 1242 8V and a 1242 16V in to a panda, i actually prefer the 999 believe it or not since it has more torque down low then the other engines so it pulls better from a stand still.

Bigjawa

Charlie Dimmock! PHWOARR!
If it's a red one, in dundonald, behind a yellow LDV, then it's mine, and £25 won't lift it! LOL

45000 miles from new, 2 owners, FSH, it's a cracking wee car, but thanks to our insane insurance costs it'll be sitting there for quite some time as it costs half as much to insure 2 bikes with 200 bhp between them as it does to insure a 34 bhp panda.

Oh aye, i forgot, the numberplate's worth £350 too...............

Last edited:

JimMagill

Northern Ireland
it's ok, Steve's not allowed any more Pandas till he gets rid of the punto!

(unless there's a certain 4x4 in Oxford that the bidding hot's up on)

Jim

OP
OP
Steven

Steven

Go on the Fiats!
Bigjawa said:
If it's a red one, in dundonald, behind a yellow LDV, then it's mine, and £25 won't lift it! LOL

45000 miles from new, 2 owners, FSH, it's a cracking wee car, but thanks to our insane insurance costs it'll be sitting there for quite some time as it costs half as much to insure 2 bikes with 200 bhp between them as it does to insure a 34 bhp panda.

Oh aye, i forgot, the numberplate's worth £350 too...............

Nope, not that one. It's sitting on a wee mans drive in East Belfast and I think he's stopped driving. I used to see him on the Cregagh Road with his wife and now they are getting taxis.

Fuuny though, I do know your Panda as I pass it every day on the way home from work in Dundonald. It's on the right as you head into Ardcarn?

That's quite sad actually, I seem to know every Panda in Belfast! :)

JimMagill

Northern Ireland
Steve C said:
True enough. I know of eight including your 2, Bigjawas 1 and my 1.

I've 3.....

pandacover.jpg

tut tut, this lack of sleep is making you forgetfull!

Jim

Last edited:
OP
OP
Steven

Steven

Go on the Fiats!
Is that the black one? Does that count? If it does then I've 2 as the vast majority of the 4X4 is in pieces in my garage. :)

JimMagill

Northern Ireland
Cars do tend to need 'bodies' to make them actual cars!

At least I can still go sit in the black one and Alan can push me up and down the drive in it! (yeah, it's what we do at the weekends for fun) :D

Jim

Bigjawa

Charlie Dimmock! PHWOARR!
We should have a count, theres a white Dance, a tatty 1000 thats driven by a young lassie, a Selecta, and yesterday I saw a white one with a foreign plate.

Oh aye, and the cleanest 4x4 in the known universe seems to have disappeared from Connsbrook!

OP
OP
Steven

Steven

Go on the Fiats!
That 4X4 from Connsbrook is in England now. It was sold to Stu who comes on here from time to time and he sold it on. The tatty 1000 belongs to a girl who works in Knockbread High School. I seen a middle aged man in a blue CLX on the Knock Dual Carriageway this week as well.

pandafan

Don't polish it, DRIVE IT
It's just that whenever any-one offers me a Panda for parts these days it's always a CLX :eek:

(in red !) :devil: