General Panda 4x4

Currently reading:
General Panda 4x4

Just had a rather optimistic dealer on the phone, didn't have any info but wanted me to put £500 down!

Having spoken to our Zone Manager, he has told us our Green Panda 4x4 - automatically allocated by Fiat to all dealers - will arrive with us hopefully by the end of next week.

Go to facebook.com/guestfiatalfaromeo for more updates.

Thanks.

Don't suppose you could prod your source for more details on when we can actually oder a car to spec?

I really hope that FIAT's apparent complacency is not because they know this is a car with no competitors...

It will have competitors next year when the 4x4 Duster arrives at the same price. With a full three year guarantee extendable to five years for less than four hundred pounds. The problem with the Dacia is that it is an unknown quantity, it is a bit big, and it doesn't have any bling things. But it is very good off road, and that's the point, surely.

The Panda has bling, it is small (too small?) and it is very handy.

I'll have more to say when I drive a Duster in December. If I drive a Trekking before that I'll be close to knowing what to get next year. If the Panda is fantastic I'll be very tempted, but my hope is that Renault brings in the Sandero Stepway early enough for me to get one of those as it is less cramped than the Panda.

it'll be a few years away if they do indeed make it, but the vw taigun will be a direct competitor

vw_taigun_concept_011.96c4nn8o9m4o00cs40s8cocsc.a5fuq7lrqzkgc0ccw4ss08gso.th.jpeg

It's typical dealers (not just fiat) they only seem to want to sell what's in stock.

Just asked in preston about the 4x4 and it's the usual Erm don't know we are getting training in a week. They are supposed to be releasing it late this year or next.

Considering the dealer then said I still get enquiries about them and they were really popular I don't know why they stopped selling them you'd think they'd be more interested.

Trip to the midlands dealer who seems to actually know something on the horizon.

Well, a friend of mine went into a builders merchant in the seventies to buy a white bath. They had brown baths, avocado baths, pink baths, yellow baths and blue baths, but no white baths.

When my friend challenged the young salesman he was told that they didn't have any white baths, and that he was the third person that day who had asked for one, and didn't he know that there was no demand for them!

The Tiguan will be made because one of the few growth points in the market is in high-riding CUVs. It looks good, and importantly it will be a couple of inches wider than the Panda. But expect to wait until 2014.

The cars aren't yet on Fiat's stocking system, but they are apparently in the UK. As soon as we know anything I'll update this thread, and our facebook page. If you would like to be kept informed personally, PM me your details and I'll add you to our interest list here at the dealership.

I don't want to promise anything at this point as Fiat have been known on occasion to let us down as dealers, but rest assured for me personally this car represents a massive opportunity, and I'm really very excited about it - even trying to secure somewhere where we can demonstrate the vehicle's off road capabilities locally to customers. Unfortunately this isn't easy being as we're smack in the middle of town!!

My local dealer is Salisbury, but I'll happily buy from the best source!

Not the news we wanted to hear, but unfortunately we have had a circular from Fiat saying that dealer delivery has been delayed until week 1 of december.

I'll keep you all posted in the meantime, and apologies!

well you certainly seem to have better info than the guys in Salisbury!

How strange- I was chatting to them this morning.

Longer term we might pass the TwinAir onto our daughter and the misses have the new 4X4.

I suppose I'd better ask them first! :p

Eh! What was that all about then?

I have to drive over surfaces like that every winter in Norfolk, and there isn't an Alp in sight. Very weird, and he kept addressing everyone as 'boys', which is worrying coming from a middle aged man.

Still, although I don't like the green - far too dangerous a colour - the car looks good.

Eh! What was that all about then?

I have to drive over surfaces like that every winter in Norfolk, and there isn't an Alp in sight. Very weird, and he kept addressing everyone as 'boys', which is worrying coming from a middle aged man.

Still, although I don't like the green - far too dangerous a colour - the car looks good.

Sorry about the 'dislike'... -- fat finger syndrome strikes again.... :eek:

That was quite surreal, though, wasn't it... -- like some pseudo version of Top Gear Italia.... :confused:

Got to say, I actually love the green: although, as you say, "dangerous"... -- it would be invisible 'round these 'ere parts...! ;)

Statistically green cars are inviolved in the most accidents, while white and yellow ones have the least. As you say, it is a visibility thing.

That stops me liking green because I want to see and be seen, nothing to do with the colour itself, which it omnipresent in my flat, along with yellow :D.

Green is one of those car colours that looks great in the showroom, but not so wonderful outside. Of course, if I was in a tropical war zone I'd love green to bits.

Hi - week 1 of December is still earlier than I was expecting!

Any news on when a member of the public can place an order for a car of their own chosen spec / colour and at a known price? :) :p :)

I checked the UK FIAT site a couple of days ago and it was as cr@p as ever with absolutely no information... So, no surprise there. I'm not bothering to call the local dealer any more as I would hope that they would make the effort to call the 20 or more people they told me had registered an interest at the point they actually have some news they can share.

all the best

Very nice 2-page review of the New 4x4 in Saturday Telegraph motoring section today. Also shows a 2WD version called the Trekking – looks to be the same as 4x4 but without rear diff and a bit lighter! LOL

Well worth getting the paper for the pics and write up.

That review is indeed very good, but it has been on-line for a while now already. Odd that these things are published on-line before going to press.

The news about the Trekking has been out for months too. I just wish the Panda was a bit wider; my friend can't fit in the front seat without bashing his arm against the door, he's 6'3", but not a large man. He hated the car. Pity.

And a real pity that the Panda is so expensive.

Back