General panda 4x4 toolkit

Currently reading:
General panda 4x4 toolkit

...if that fails, then I'd very happily scan you a copy of the supplement that came with my T/A:)

...if that fails, then I'd very happily scan you a copy of the supplement that came with my T/A:)

That's great, thanks. I'm afraid that Fiat's response was exasperating. A copy of the print reference on the second or third last page of the book would at least prove that it exists.

Hi, the 'Print no.' is:

530.07.089 - 10/2012 - 2 edition

If you send me a PM of your email address, i'll send scans to that.

Picked up new (well 6 months old), Panda 4x4 last week as with my previous (08 plate), 4x4 the the toolkit is stored under the passenger seat. Interested in the spare wheel insert though :)

Picked up new (well 6 months old), Panda 4x4 last week as with my previous (08 plate), 4x4 the the toolkit is stored under the passenger seat. Interested in the spare wheel insert though :)

Hey Geoff. What colour panda did you get, I'll keep my eyes peeled for you as I pass through Bridgend most days and come off j35 m4.

Sorry to go off topic:eek:

Hi deeyup, got a tuscany green one - I am often near J35 !!! :)

Congrats - I think Tuscany Green is probably the best colour for the new model - doesn't have the Tonka toy look and the plastic bits seem less blobby - certainly finding that the looks of my own Tuscan Green 4x4 are growing on me more than I expected.

Congrats - I think Tuscany Green is probably the best colour for the new model - doesn't have the Tonka toy look and the plastic bits seem less blobby - certainly finding that the looks of my own Tuscan Green 4x4 are growing on me more than I expected.

Funny that, I find the green to be the blandest colour in the range. A small car needs to have a bit of "life" about it I think.
Still, taste is totally subjective so each to his own.

Was anyone lucky enough to find out if there's a spare wheel solution, which fits in the spare-wheel-space in the boot of a Panda Cross (assuming it's exactly the same boot as a 4x4) and can also fit the jack there too?

We've got a '15 Panda Cross and Vospers (Truro, Cornwall) looked but said that there's no space saver or spare wheel option available for a Cross at all(!).

It's all rather confusing, especially for a 4x4 vehicle, but I'd far rather have a I'd 135/80 R14 space saver (or even full sized R15 wheel) under the mat in the boot, as opposed to a Fix and Go, which prevents punctures being repaired, once it's been used on a tyre (I had a brand new tyre with a nail in it that was effectively a write-off).

If anyone has part codes which work, it'd be most appreciated indeed,

A full size wheel will not fit into the well, at least the standard 4x4 175/65/15 won't. The diameter is too big. You've no choice but to carry one around in the boot on the floor, assuming it will actually fit?

I saw this honest John review of Slime.
http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/parts-and-accessories/2011-08/slime/

They reckon that it can be washed out of the tyre so that a proper repair can be done. Maybe that is a good option?

A full size wheel will not fit into the well, at least the standard 4x4 175/65/15 won't. The diameter is too big. You've no choice but to carry one around in the boot on the floor, assuming it will actually fit?

I saw this honest John review of Slime.
http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/parts-and-accessories/2011-08/slime/

They reckon that it can be washed out of the tyre so that a proper repair can be done. Maybe that is a good option?

There's also a question of depth - the wheel well goes forward under the seat back - the sliding seat option with the seat well forward would give you the best chance of taking a full-sized spare - perhaps someone with the sliding seat could give it a go.

By the way - if a Panda with no space saver has no tool kit, where is the towing eye kept?

I tracked down a Fiat spacesaver from Ebay, with the correct ET35 offset. It's fitted with (I think) a 135/80R15 tyre (might be 125/80...). This fits into the spare wheel well just fine. Because the 4x4 jack is bigger, that will not sit in the spare wheel well (and mine was a jack from Screwfix anyway), so that just sits in the boot. Doesn't take that much space really. Although this is with the 'regular' 4x4, cant see any reason why it wouldn't work in/with the Cross too.

Last edited:
I'm resurrecting this thread as I don't think the 'definitive' answer ever appeared all on one post, and to help anyone who reads it all again...

For the non 4x4 and non Trekking Panda models, when supplied with a spare wheel, there is a plastic insert inside the spare which holds the jack and other tools. That space saver spare wheel is 14" in diameter and the jack is quite compact.

For the Trekking, 4x4 and Cross, the spare wheel needs to be 15" in diameter (in part to clear the larger front disc brakes), and is fitted with a 125/80x15 space saver tyre. And, crucially, the jack is different - because the car sits 2" higher of the road to start with, it uses a bigger jack that extends to a greater height. This jack is labelled as being for the Panda 4x4 and Qubo models only. This will not fit inside the spare wheel and so is supplied in a separate bag. The 175/65 R15 wheels that the Trekking/4x4 are fitted with, and the 185/65 15 wheels of the Cross will not fit into the spare wheel well in the boot, so you cannot carry a full size spare.

Note also that the towing eye is different for the Trekking/4x4/Cross. It is longer, to reach through the deeper bumpers these cars have. The shorter towing eye, supplied with other Pandas is too short to reach fully into the threaded mounting on the car.

Last edited:
Just to continue the madness. Picked up my 14 reg 0.9 4x4 today and asked the supplying dealer the test question about retrofit of space saver, first reaction, builders sharp intake of breath, second, need to get second opinion, third, we need to investigate this further - pause while I go and get some petrol and then on to work - 'phone call at work, no, can't be done, need to have full size one that does not fit into the boot tray, jack, towing eye, your for £350 guv.:confused::bang::D PS. First impressions are very, very favourable, although I feel wet day coupled with mugs of tea will be needed to understand fully the various computer options, I have a day off tomorrow so will do a longer run

I think Fiat missed a trick by not using the space between the inner and outer metal skin in the boot for storage as on my old RAV4. I keep a foot pump, screwdrivers, tyre wrench, tarpaulin and folding shovel in them , all behind internal "doors" and held securely with built-in straps. The space in the panels on my Panda Cross are if anything bigger than on the Rav, but unavailable behind solid metal.

Nick

The space in the panels on my Panda Cross are if anything bigger than on the Rav, but unavailable behind solid metal.

Probably that space is reserved as a crumple zone to protect the rear seat occupants. Placing hard, solid objects in the crumple zones can seriously compromise a vehicle's crash worthiness.

Probably that space is reserved as a crumple zone to protect the rear seat occupants. Placing hard, solid objects in the crumple zones can seriously compromise a vehicle's crash worthiness.

Ah yes, you are probably right. That also explains why, despite the external dimensions being almost identical and the engine being much smaller, the Panda feels a bit smaller inside.

Getting back to the space saving tyre, has anyone had to use it on the 4x4 or Cross? If so how did you transport the damaged full size tyre ? Also how did the vehicle handle with the space saver on?

Back