General panda 4x4 toolkit

Currently reading:
General panda 4x4 toolkit

The kit that was supplied in the wheel insert kit may be a 2wd version?
It may have been robbed from another car in stock to replace the re-inflate kit?

How many 4x4 owners who have the spare wheel kit have the bag in the boot option?
How many have the inside spare wheel kit?

I'm in the 1st lot.

Last edited:
I have picked up the insert today: part number 51716187
It does fit in the spare wheel, but is slightly higher than just the spare wheel so it lifts the boot floor slightly. On the attached picture you can see that the tools fit in there nicely, but the jack doesn't. Looking at the jack, it clearly states it is for the doblo/panda 4x4, so the 4x4 does indeed have it's own special jack and it is not the same as for the normal panda as I was told by the parts department.
Photo_1_1_.jpg
Nice surprise was the extra aerial I found in the toolbag.

I have picked up the insert today: part number 51716187
It does fit in the spare wheel, but is slightly higher than just the spare wheel so it lifts the boot floor slightly. On the attached picture you can see that the tools fit in there nicely, but the jack doesn't. Looking at the jack, it clearly states it is for the doblo/panda 4x4, so the 4x4 does indeed have it's own special jack and it is not the same as for the normal panda as I was told by the parts department.
Photo_1_1_.jpg
Nice surprise was the extra aerial I found in the toolbag.

How much in the end ?

Oh dear what have I started....having shown everyone a pic of my Panda 4 x 4 spare wheel and fitted toolkit and jack sitting neatly in the spare wheel well ..I have just taken a closer look at my space saver and notice it is a 135 x 80 R14 NOT a R15 as should be fitted.
Have spoken to my dealer and he thinks the factory mistakenly supplied a spare wheel set up for a Trekking not a 4x4.
He has ordered a proper R15 space saver set up for me and also confirms the 4x4 jack is longer due to the taller wheel and increased suspension ground clearance.
Apologies to all concerned for any inconvenience I have inadvertently caused.
Regards

NB Looks like I will have a bag of tools in the boot just like everyone else...it would help me if some kind soul would post a pic of the tool bag and contents.
Regards

I am confused, I thought that the Trekking and the 4x4 had the same size wheels and the same raised suspension and ground clearance?

I am only passing on what I was told by dealer..he checked the space saver in the boot of a Trekking he has in his compound and found a r14 spare and toolkit the same as mine.
It might be worth everyone with a 4x4 and Trekking checking what is in their boot.
I am relying on a fix and go kit in case I get a puncture before my proper size spare arrives...don't fancy driving with one wheel a different diameter to the others ...must be legal and safety issues and possibility of damage to the transmission.
Regards

I wouldn't believe what the dealer said, I still think its a spare wheel kit taken from a (non trekking) 2wd model.
I wouldn't be surprised if the spare was left off the order, so they took one from a demo car and didn't realise that the 4x4 spare kit was different.

Still, at least you're getting the proper spare now.

Oh dear what have I started....having shown everyone a pic of my Panda 4 x 4 spare wheel and fitted toolkit and jack sitting neatly in the spare wheel well ..I have just taken a closer look at my space saver and notice it is a 135 x 80 R14 NOT a R15 as should be fitted.
Have spoken to my dealer and he thinks the factory mistakenly supplied a spare wheel set up for a Trekking not a 4x4.
He has ordered a proper R15 space saver set up for me and also confirms the 4x4 jack is longer due to the taller wheel and increased suspension ground clearance.
Apologies to all concerned for any inconvenience I have inadvertently caused.
Regards

Thanks for this - I wa sjust coming to the same conclusions. Having persuaded my dealer to swap the bag for a spare wheel insert when I picked up my 4x4, I've just done an about-turn - fortunately the bag from the car is still there.

I've checked my space saver and it seems to be the right spec.

I'm more concerned about getting the right manual for the 4x4 TwinAir. My car was delivered with the "4x4 Supplement" but that only covers the MJ. Two unanswered e-mails to Customer Service, one useless 'phone call and one equally useless online chat later I'm still not clear whether or not there is a manual for my car. Customer Service said they couldn't confirm either way as "We're not technical" - I replied that I wasn't looking for technical expertise just someone who can read. It appears that the dealer has now ordered the appropriate book but I'll believe it when I see it.

I have pointed out to Fiat that this is not only a safety issue, as I have nothing to inform me of the correct tyre pressures for my car, I could also commit an offence by having incorrectly inflated tyres (though how a traffic cop who know that I couldn't say).

I'll update when something occurs.

Back