Panda 2012+ Panda 4x4. Hello from Sardegna/Roma.

Currently reading:
Panda 2012+ Panda 4x4. Hello from Sardegna/Roma.

ALA85

Hello, I am from Sardegna/Roma. I bought a used 2015 Panda 4x4 this past June from the Fiat dealership in Cagliari and I would like to learn as much as possible about the car to make it last as long as possible.

I bought the car with 46,000 km, it was an “aziendale” meaning it belonged to some company before. Anyways I’ve reached ~52,000 km so far and it’s been great! I take it back and forth from Rome and Sardegna on the ferry and the difficult roads of the coast and countryside, not to mention the horrible roads of Rome full of holes and tree root bumps, where a 4x4 is surprisingly useful sometimes.

Anyways, wanted to say hello. Ciao.

Welcome to the Forum. There are a lot af Panda enthusiasts here. Great to welcome another from teh hone of the Panda too.
Thank you, I found the forum doing search on how the 4x4 system works on the 312 Panda, there’s a good thread on this forum about it from 2017. I have some questions about maintenance, using the 4x4 system, and possible small upgrades. I will be posting them soon on the Panda 2012+ forum 👍

Thank you, I found the forum doing search on how the 4x4 system works on the 312 Panda, there’s a good thread on this forum about it from 2017. I have some questions about maintenance, using the 4x4 system, and possible small upgrades. I will be posting them soon on the Panda 2012+ forum 👍
The 4x4 system is set to be 98% front wheel drive in normal use, but the transition to 4x4 is instantaneous and smooth, I have driven up very steep hills in appalling weather and can testify to the systems excellence. Dont put the system in 'off road' unless its really bad and you are stuck or its very slippery. The car has no centre differential so it can wind the transmission up, straining things if the wheels cannor slip. Using off road setting really is not useful on the road as the system is so quick to react to loss of grip. In the event you venture into the Mountains and encounter snow you will be suprised just how capable the car is. If you have the 0.9 petrol engine the most important advice is use exactly the oil specified as its critical to the engine operating properly. The wrong oil can cause expensive damage and even if no permanent damage, can cause the car to be unable to start. ALso make sure the oil is changed at the correct interval.

I have 3 Pandas in my family and they are all great, economical and cheap to run. Its all the car for whatever you want to do with it according to the boss at Fiat!

Im sure you will get lots of help and advice when needed.

Thank you guys. It’s difficult to find this more detail information of the peculiarities of the system. For me I had to get used to the very short first gear but now I understand it better.

Thank you guys. It’s difficult to find this more detail information of the peculiarities of the system. For me I had to get used to the very short first gear but now I understand it better.

The first gear is for climbing really or getting you out of situations it’s really just a half gear in normal driving you go into second gear almost instantly it takes literally about ten seconds then you’re away.

Welcome to the forums! (y)
Whilst Not as important where you live!- but for uk weather or if your going off road a lot!! extra rustproofing is always a good idea!:unsure: the uk owners love there 4x4,s and are very enthusiastic in there approach😜 and have world of knowledge to share😁 which i am sure you will find useful!😉

Welcome to the forums! (y)
Whilst Not as important where you live!- but for uk weather or if your going off road a lot!! extra rustproofing is always a good idea!:unsure: the uk owners love there 4x4,s and are very enthusiastic in there approach😜 and have world of knowledge to share😁 which i am sure you will find useful!😉
Rustproofing is a good idea yes. Unfortunately I do not have a garage but I park under a big terrace that at least helps with rain in this winter period. It has been raining a bit. In Sardegna maybe salt corrosion becomes a problem near the coasts. I should think about this.

Back