Panda 1.3 Multijet ECU Diagnostic codes help requested

Currently reading:
Panda 1.3 Multijet ECU Diagnostic codes help requested

Hi, all... the ECU alert light on the Panda multijet has come on again!

The car seems to be running OK this time, and the air filter is dry.

Our local garage has read the ECU fault codes using a Snap-On Verdict, and it has delivered these codes. Now, I know nothing about the Verdict, or ECU codes in general, so this is exactly what I have written on this 'ere bit of paper:

00257 (0101)
04354 (1102)

both of which I'm told are not documented.

I've Googled around on here, and in the "Fiat Specific Diagnostic Codes" post with the LONG list in Italian, I can find P0101 and P1102, both of which seem to relate to the dreaded air mass flow sensor, which is believable, but it's just a guess.

Can anyone with (or without) experience of the Snap On Verdict tell me why there are two different numbers with each fault, and more importantly translate any of them into definitive fault descriptions in English?

all th ebest,
Matt

Because it's a local garage run by guys I know, who've done lots of good work on older cars for me over the last decade, and they don't charge me £80 just to plug the thing into the diagnostic machine. If the faults are so clearly documented, perhaps you could tell me what they are? The answer's obviously not easily available, or else it would be on here somewhere in a language other than Italian...

all the best,
Matt

The 5 digit numbers you've posted are not OBD codes currently used in the motor industry. OBD codes consist of a letter (B, C, P or U) followed by 4 digits. The 4 digit numbers you've posted could be P0101 and P1102, but as you say, "it's just a guess" so you don't know.

Some diagnostic equipment generates it's own style of codes which then have to be translated into OBD codes by looking them up in a book or online. You would have to ask the garage guys which OBD codes their 5 digit codes translate to.

Because it's a local garage run by guys I know, who've done lots of good work on older cars for me over the last decade, and they don't charge me £80 just to plug the thing into the diagnostic machine. If the faults are so clearly documented, perhaps you could tell me what they are? The answer's obviously not easily available, or else it would be on here somewhere in a language other than Italian...

all the best,
Matt
The answer is they need better diagnostic equipment !
I would change to a more 'up to date' :rolleyes: mechanical engineer. They may be good on 'older cars' but it sounds like if it dont have points they are in over their head..... :eek:

all the best,
Matt

Hi, and welcome, :)
maybe get access to MultiECUScan - the FIAT / ALFA specific
code-reading ( and more) package,

It will actually give you a proper written description of EACH fault..not JUST a code..( open to "interpretation");)

look at the MES website for more info..,
I and a lot of others on FF, have our own copies running -and fully appreciate how good it is, ( mine is FREE option :D)

Charlie - Oxford

Back