1.3 multijet drink problem

Currently reading:
1.3 multijet drink problem

Big issues

Evening all, I’m a new member in need of much needed advice. Although the car in question is an Alfa Romeo Mito 1.3 jtdm it’s exactly the same as the Punto evo.
It’s a new car to me and the fuel consumption is pretty poor. I did an injector leak back test to reveal two poor injectors and had the car on live data which showed the other two injector were over fuelling and a not so active MAF. So I’ve replace four injectors (and coded) and MAF sensor and whilst it improved performance unfortunately the fuel consumption is still pretty poor (averaging around 35-40 mpg) The dpf and egr have been deleted so these are of no concern now. Also there is the smell of diesel (like the engine is constantly running rich) Anyone had similar issues with their Fiat and what was the cure? TIA

The dpf and egr have been deleted so these are of no concern now.
I’d start there. If someone has been messing about in the ECU who knows what else they’ve done.

Also the Mito is not “exactly” the same as the punto Evo, yes they share a lot of things but there are a lot of differences also.

first replace with a quality air filter then clean egr tube
find or ask for the original file for this ecu and then send it to me i can help you

Back