Technical Panda 1.2 petrol misfires blink abs & full beam headlights during accelaration

Currently reading:
Technical Panda 1.2 petrol misfires blink abs & full beam headlights during accelaration

antonis132

I want to share a bad misfire i had when i acelarating blinks abs, full beam headlights, airbag, check. I checked injectors, timing belt signs, but it was the spark plug and the high voltage, i couldn't imagine they become defected because i had replaced them before a year with brand new set of Ngk iridium spark plugs and ngk high voltage cables.

My next project will be reading with kess maps and setting the target idle when is cold between 10-30 Celsius not over 990 rpm so as to engage easier from first gear to second gear.

I want to share a bad misfire i had when i acelarating blinks abs, full beam headlights, airbag, check. I checked injectors, timing belt signs, but it was the spark plug and the high voltage, i couldn't imagine they become defected because i had replaced them before a year with brand new set of Ngk iridium spark plugs and ngk high voltage cables.

My next project will be reading with kess maps and setting the target idle when is cold between 10-30 Celsius not over 990 rpm so as to engage easier from first gear to second gear.

Interesting thread. Do you think the HT spark was jumping to a nearby sensor under load rather than firing the spark plugs, giving the dashboard warning lights?
In the old days with copper wire HT leads they were pretty reliable , but we found that early suppressed HT leads with the carbon string inside them was prone to failure.
We found a simple continuity test using the Ohm setting on a multimeter often showed up the fault. If you still have the old leads perhaps you could see if it indicates a similar issue.

Yes old HT had a little scratch when stretch them
I replaced spark plus Ngk Iridium with Bosch Iridium and Ngk HT with Marelli HT.

Yes old HT had a little scratch when stretch them
I replaced spark plus Ngk Iridium with Bosch Iridium and Ngk HT with Marelli HT.
Yes that is a good guide, the Ohm test is quite reliable also.
When suppressed leads first came out people used to pull on them rather than the plug end and they would break internally, they would still run with the spark jumping the gap, except under load or damp conditions when misfire would occur.

Back