410FCB3F-3125-4C5F-BFEB-C176D3CD6C1A.jpeg

Panda Panda 1.2 Dynamic

Introduction

Hi all .. my daughter is learning to drive and Fiat make some great first cars.
She is thrilled with it. I did the oil , filter , air filter and changed the coolant, adjusted the handbrake. Just need to sort the door mirror adjustment now. 78k and drives really well.
Behind the fuel filler cap?
Sort of. On mine there is a plastic shield to protect the filler pipe and breather bits and pieces. I could only access the muck by removing the shield. It is something I learned to check on my Pinin because they have a metal filler pipe which always rusted and it only would be found out when petrol would spill out.

Oh right I’ll have a look … the only other issue is the remote mirror adjustment .. it lights up at night but mirrors don’t move. A new switch is £56 from fiat but it might not even be that. So I’m trying to source a second hand one but so far no joy.

Happily the main body's galvanised, so rust shouldn't be too much of a concern. Only really seems to affect:
Rear spring pans
Coolant return pipe across front of engine
Engine oil sump pan

There's also a mud trap behind the front springs.

I think they're great little cars - fun, reliable and surprisingly practical.

The over-enthusiastic self-cancelling indicators were the only thing my girlfriend struggled with when learning to drive. But you learn to anticipate their little ways..
Here in the UK Rot in the sills is common at 07 and older cars

I’ve been under the car and it’s really good , sump is ok and rear spring pans . Clutch is quite high is yours? It’s done 78k. I’ve no evidence of cambelt change though.. peppy little engine and great visibility which is ideal for her learning. She loves the turquoise colour .. great value I paid £800 for it

I’ve been under the car and it’s really good , sump is ok and rear spring pans . Clutch is quite high is yours? It’s done 78k. I’ve no evidence of cambelt change though.. peppy little engine and great visibility which is ideal for her learning. She loves the turquoise colour .. great value I paid £800 for it
Mine is automatic (quasi lol). I call it a robot gearbox. I paid £650 and got free delivery! It needed a rear bearing on one corner and I was shocked at how easy the job was to do and how inexpensive the bearing was!! Snapped it up as soon as I saw it but my partner doesn't drive and it was over an hour from home so the owner offered to drive it here.

Mine is automatic (quasi lol). I call it a robot gearbox. I paid £650 and got free delivery! It needed a rear bearing on one corner and I was shocked at how easy the job was to do and how inexpensive the bearing was!! Snapped it up as soon as I saw it but my partner doesn't drive and it was over an hour from home so the owner offered to drive it here.
Well we were looking at cars but the secondhand car market is still over inflated and the Peugeot 107 etc were £2600 prices . Then saw the panda and it seems good value in comparison and got a fresh mot and like you he delivered it to my house.
The mot only mentioned the drop links covers were perished. £13.50 delivered for the pair. I did oil and filter air filter and replaced the coolant. Engine sounds lovely and surprisingly responsive.
So far I’m happy with it.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Ah thanks I’ll look at that .. yea we have 55 plate dynamic and it has electric mirrors I assume they are standard and haven’t been retro fitted
By electric do we mean folding or simply adjustable! Mine won't fold in like on my Pajero but they are adjustable from the cab.

You could probably add electric mirrors to a manual mirrors car. I wanted to put switches into the floor console of my 100HP so moved the mirror switch to the driver's door. It needed some (very) careful measurement and a brave pill before cutting the hole in the door card top but it looks great with its little aluminium mounting plate. I have a 500 door wiring loom (£15) but never got around to finishing the wiring. I know, it's 100% but I really have not missed those lekky mirrors.

Back